Advice needed to setup a portable head-fi rig
Jan 25, 2016 at 6:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Bodhi01

Head-Fier
Hi folks,

I am setting up an rig for 'on the go' listening based around my Iphone 6 playing lossless Alac files. I'm pretty much settled on using an Oppo HA-2 due to it's slim size, features & good dac, but am open to other suggestions. FiiO?

I'm also looking for some good IEM's. I live in Australia, but based on US msrp, my budget for IEM's would be up to around $450US (circa $600AUD). The Aurisonics Bravo Harmony monitors looked interesting, but again i'm open to suggestions. My Dealer recommended Kennerton Algiz earphones, though i've read a review which noted concerns about their fit and finish.

Would appreciate experienced member's advice.

Cheers!
Bodhi.

Jan 25, 2016 at 6:56 AM Post #2 of 10
Hi folks,

I am setting up an rig for 'on the go' listening based around my Iphone 6 playing lossless Alac files. I'm pretty much settled on using an Oppo HA-2 due to it's slim size, features & good dac, but am open to other suggestions. FiiO?

I'm also looking for some good IEM's. I live in Australia, but based on US msrp, my budget for IEM's would be up to around $450US (circa $600AUD). The Aurisonics Bravo Harmony monitors looked interesting, but again i'm open to suggestions. My Dealer recommended Kennerton Algiz earphones, though i've read a review which noted concerns about their fit and finish.

Would appreciate experienced member's advice.

Cheers!
Bodhi.
Harmony or Forte are great iems.

Jan 25, 2016 at 7:26 AM Post #3 of 10
Thanks for your feedback Jmills. I'll definintely check out the Forte IEM's also..
etysmile.gif

Jan 26, 2016 at 8:01 AM Post #5 of 10
@jmills8
I'm just wondering if you could share any f'back re: the difference between those two models (Harmony & Forte) from your experience? Thanks.
both have great sub bass but the main difference is the Harmony has extended treble so one will tend to hear it as balanced while the Forte has less extended treble so one might be more drawn to its mids and bass.

Jan 26, 2016 at 8:15 AM Post #6 of 10
both have great sub bass but the main difference is the Harmony has extended treble so one will tend to hear it as balanced while the Forte has less extended treble so one might be more drawn to its mids and bass.

Ah ok, cool :) I'll get the chance soon to audition the Harmony model soon paired with the Oppo HA-2, so that should be interesting. They look well made.

Jan 26, 2016 at 8:17 AM Post #7 of 10
Ah ok, cool :) I'll get the chance soon to audition the Harmony model soon paired with the Oppo HA-2, so that should be interesting. They look well made.
the Harmony will love that amp. Fit is very good.

Jan 26, 2016 at 8:17 AM Post #8 of 10

Jan 26, 2016 at 10:29 AM Post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodhi01 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for your feedback Jmills. I'll definintely check out the Forte IEM's also..
etysmile.gif

Check this site in case they might have either when you decide to purchase - they're trying to clear all the pre-Fender stocks, but from the looks of it they might take in more from the factory. Other sites might do the same so keep your eyes peeled.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/795578/aurisonics-earphones-at-massively-reduced-prices#post_12271441

Users who are viewing this thread

Back