Advice needed on using my X5 on vacation!
Jun 30, 2005 at 9:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Deadfan

New Head-Fier
Hi, I'm heading to a lake vacation with family and just learned that they have a stereo system in the house, but that the CD player is "broken." Can anyone give me some real basic pointers on how I should attempt to use my X5 as a music source to be played through the existing stereo receiver that I expect will be there? What connections, etc.

Thanks, in advance, Mike

Jun 30, 2005 at 10:28 PM Post #2 of 6
Go to Radioshack and spend $5 on a rca to mini adapter. Your receiver should have rca ins. Buy a mini to mini too if you want to play it safe.

Headphone or dock/line out of X5 to rcas of receiver.

Jun 30, 2005 at 10:30 PM Post #3 of 6
I'd be interested in this as well. There is a line out on the X5 dongle (USB and AC connection). I would think you can just run the supplied line-in recording cable from the line out instead and run it to the receiver. Hmmm, is there a line-in on the receiver that would accept the mini-plug on the cable? If not, some adapter would be necessary to go from the standard mini-plug to whatever the line in connection is on the receiver.
I guess I haven't helped much, but was wondering the same thing.....

AHA!! while I was busy typing, you (and I) got the answer. This forum is great.

Jun 30, 2005 at 10:30 PM Post #4 of 6
Use the line out on the subpack.
Buy a cable with a mini-stereo (3.5mm) plug on one end and two male rca's on the other end.

Any radio shack or computer store will have this cable.

The two rca's should find a home on the back of the stereo once you get there.

-Dan

Jun 30, 2005 at 10:47 PM Post #5 of 6
Awesome guys--I assume that the line out on the sub pack somehow separates the left and right channel. Now that I think of it--that's what a headphone plug does--never mind!! Thanks, for the responses--can't wait to share the music. M

Users who are viewing this thread

Back