Advice needed: Buying my first "expensive" headphones
Mar 30, 2012 at 1:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

dlami130

New Head-Fier
Hey guys I have been browsing headfi for quite a while now and have found a lot of great advice. I am really interested in getting some Denon d2000 as my first quality headphones. However, I was wondering if you guys could offer your advice for wether it would be a good fit for my situation:

1. All my music is at least 256 kbps
2. Im slowing starting to upgrade my collection to lossless so I do have a very decent size which I will be using with these headphones
3. I listen to a large rage of music, from Pink Floyd, to Thrice, to Drake, and Lana Del Rey, Regina Spektor, 311, Wiz Khalifa, Skrillex, and Nero. \
4. I will mainly be using these at home with my macbook air

I currently own some KG4 speakers and a Yamaha receiver which I listen to all my music with at home. Also, I tend to always use the rock equalizer setting for some reason so I guess I kinda prefer the "fun" sound?

Also, if anyone could recommend an amp/dac I could use with these that would be great. Not quite sure what the difference is between those either. Thanks in advance

Mar 30, 2012 at 1:34 AM Post #4 of 8
Depends on how much money you want to spend, but I will always recommend the fiio e10 to anyone looking for a dac/amp as their first.  It's pretty hard to beat and a reliable product.  D2000 should be fine for what you're looking for and you'll enjoy it.  Regardless of what people might say, the audible difference between 320 and lossless is extremely small.

Apr 1, 2012 at 6:34 PM Post #8 of 8
Difference between 320 kbps and CD is small on lesser system. With an audiophile system you hear it clearly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back