Advice: Looking for headphones under $150: Good for (heavy) metal and rock
Feb 22, 2019 at 11:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Savantis

New Head-Fier
Good mid and high end,
bass,
general volume,
Preferably bluetooth and cabled
Most importantly: available/able to be shipped/sent to The Netherlands (maybe through means of Amazon, etc)

Not many demands, very simplified
I'd like to be advised on some rather unknown, never-heard-of brands that could provide the best sound for people who listen to metal and rock.

(Fyi I'm very new to this website, no need to make an essay on why this one or that one is so good or why this specification is so important, you can also just throw me a bunch of headphone names and I'll look them up.)

Many thanks in advance!

Feb 22, 2019 at 3:13 PM Post #2 of 6
Bluetooth won't make it easy to find good cans with your budget. First ones that come to my mind are V-Moda crossfade wireless but they will cost more i'm afraid (i've the cabled ones)
To find something really performing in your price range about metal, with cable there are many good options I would take a look at this thread here https://www.head-fi.org/threads/headphones-for-metal-music-ultimate-solution.715478/

:)

Feb 22, 2019 at 4:40 PM Post #4 of 6
Good mid and high end,
bass, general volume, Preferably Bluetooth and cabled Most importantly: available/able to be shipped/sent to The Netherlands (maybe through means of Amazon, etc) Not many demands, very simplified
I'd like to be advised on some rather unknown, never-heard-of brands that could provide the best sound for people who listen to metal and rock.
(Fyi I'm very new to this website, no need to make an essay on why this one or that one is so good or why this specification is so important, you can also just throw me a bunch of headphone names and I'll look them up.) Many thanks in advance!
I would say for your given budget (150 USD), the added expense of Bluetooth/wireless would mean you might lose a little bit of the sound quality, compared to a wired headphone, for a given budget.
Check out the Soundmagic HP151 (closed) and HP200 (open) headphones.
For a good bargain, for it's audio quality, check out the Takstar HD6000.

Feb 22, 2019 at 5:58 PM Post #6 of 6
k702, hd579/558, m40x, ad900x, dt880, k240, shp9500 on newegg

All sounded good with slipknot, korn, slayer, SOAD

I’ve been using k712 but that might be out of your price range
K712 are just so good :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back