Advice for Newbie re: Ripping
Oct 21, 2005 at 1:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Vicks7

100+ Head-Fier
Hi All,

I have now purchased a Micro Stack for use with my Grado 325i's through my laptop. I have been reading through the forums over the last few weeks and would be grateful for advice on whether it is worth re-ripping all my CDs on Itunes using Lossless. I think I originally ripped them on the Apple default setting (obviously this is not an issue when I just load a CD into the laptop).

I am also slightly confused by some of the other products available such as Foobar - should I also be considering something like this to get the best out of the Micro Stack? What does Foobar do exactly? Does it work with software like Itunes? (I have Windows XP).

Thanks

Oct 21, 2005 at 1:36 PM Post #2 of 3
I have no experience with i-tunes but as far as foobar goes, people like it because it is completely customizable and uses very little system resources. I warn you though it has pretty steap learning curve. Do a google search as there are some very good setup guides for fubar.

Oct 21, 2005 at 3:16 PM Post #3 of 3
Zemo did a really nice walk through a while back. Search for "Zemo's Guide" and that should help you out a good bit.

As for lossless, I could never detect a noticable increase in sound quality, so I stuck to my Uber MP3's. You can give them a listen yourself and follow the guide here. Check out the Manual Setup link towards the top if you're having trouble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back