Advice for my first headphone amp review...
Mar 25, 2018 at 11:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

fliz

100+ Head-Fier
I've been buying stuff from John Tucker of eXemplar Audio for over a decade now, ever since ServingInEcuador sold his Electrocompanient EMC1UP in favor of John's heavily modified Denon 2900.

I followed suit and have been buying John's gear ever since. I now have a full eXemplar system, including his speakers.

Needless to say, I'm a bit biased at this point. When he came out w/ a headphone amp, I bought it w/o a second thought.

I noticed there's absolutely no mention of it here yet, so I thought a review might be in order, but I've never written a review before, and have no amps to compare it to besides an old Grado RA-1.

Any suggestions on where to start? What do you guys want to know about it? Is there anybody near me (Fresno CA) that has an amp that's more suitable to compare it to?

I'll be driving it w/ my eXemplar T205, connected w/ eXemplar silver portals (single ended), eXemplar portal AC cords, and an eXemplar WMTS XPC-2 Power Conditioner, all on a Stillpoints ESS stand and plugged into a dedicated AC w/ 8awg wire back to the breaker box.

Apr 8, 2018 at 8:39 PM Post #2 of 2
Nobody cares?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back