Advice for headphone over ear with a budget of 65/70€
Oct 8, 2012 at 6:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

LaPeste

New Head-Fier
Hi, i'm new in this forum. I would like a new headphone but i have a limited budget of 65-70 €.
I have got the sennheiser px 200 (the first model) from 5 years and now i want change it with a better over ear headphone.
My favorite music is Metal music and hard rock but sometimes i listen also some pop or electronic songs.
What advice do you have for me??

Thanks in advance for your help!  
regular_smile .gif

Oct 9, 2012 at 1:58 AM Post #2 of 15
Quote:
Hi, i'm new in this forum. I would like a new headphone but i have a limited budget of 65-70 €.
I have got the sennheiser px 200 (the first model) from 5 years and now i want change it with a better over ear headphone.
My favorite music is Metal music and hard rock but sometimes i listen also some pop or electronic songs.
What advice do you have for me??

Thanks in advance for your help!  
regular_smile .gif

Takstar HI2050 (Technical Pro HPT990) semi-open headphones.

Oct 10, 2012 at 2:05 PM Post #5 of 15
Quote:
I have a question: Are Taskstar HI 2050 and Technical Pro HPT 990 the same or are a different product? Because you write the second name closed in parentheses.
However if you have also other suggestions, they are welcome

Originally the headphones were released under the name Takstar Hi2050 (in Asia), but the same headphone is sold in the U.S.A. under the name Technical HPT HPT990.
Really the best value for a low cost headphones, needs several hours of break in time, to improve the treble.

Oct 10, 2012 at 5:47 PM Post #7 of 15
Quote:
Originally the headphones were released under the name Takstar Hi2050 (in Asia), but the same headphone is sold in the U.S.A. under the name Technical HPT HPT990.
Really the best value for a low cost headphones, needs several hours of break in time, to improve the treble.

I hope i can find it also on Italian market because i'm italian!

Oct 10, 2012 at 6:27 PM Post #9 of 15
Quote:
But all the headphone that you linked me they don't seem me so "portable" or do i wrong?

You did not specify you were looking of portable headphones.
But if portable is what you want.
Sony MDR-V6
or
JVC HA-S500-Z (only sold out of Japan)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300788413563
Amazon has a listing for Japanese sellers of the JVC HA-S500-Z

You can always list your location in your community profile.

Oct 10, 2012 at 9:05 PM Post #10 of 15
Quote:
You did not specify you were looking of portable headphones.
But if portable is what you want.
Sony MDR-V6
or
JVC HA-S500-Z (only sold out of Japan)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300788413563
Amazon has a listing for Japanese sellers of the JVC HA-S500-Z

You can always list your location in your community profile.

Sorry! You're right, it's my fault that i don't specified this thing.
For example the sony look is very nice but i want choose them for the quality and not for the aesthetics. so what do you recommend me between the two models? 

Oct 10, 2012 at 11:25 PM Post #11 of 15
Quote:

Sorry! You're right, it's my fault that i don't specified this thing.
For example the sony look is very nice but i want choose them for the quality and not for the aesthetics. so what do you recommend me between the two models? 

Currently both my Sonys and JVCs are locked up in my car down the block, so I will not be able to directly compare audio quality until the morning.
I bought my MDR-V6s used ($48) and added Beyerdynamic EDT 200/250 V velour ear pads ($23), the Velour makes them more comfortable to wear, technically more on ear then around ear headphone.
On my JVC HA-S500-Z ($77), I replaced the standard ear pads with Velvet ear pads ($15), smaller cups/ear pads then the Sonys,
The Sony comes with a coiled cable, which is not as easy to deal with (on the go) as the JVC's thinner straight cable.
The JVCs are smaller then the Sonys when they are folded up and the JVC's thinner (non-coiled) cable is easier to wrap around the headphones.
I know the Sony's do not sound better then the JVCs, as far as my brain remembers.

Oct 28, 2012 at 7:11 PM Post #12 of 15
Quote:
Currently both my Sonys and JVCs are locked up in my car down the block, so I will not be able to directly compare audio quality until the morning.
I bought my MDR-V6s used ($48) and added Beyerdynamic EDT 200/250 V velour ear pads ($23), the Velour makes them more comfortable to wear, technically more on ear then around ear headphone.
On my JVC HA-S500-Z ($77), I replaced the standard ear pads with Velvet ear pads ($15), smaller cups/ear pads then the Sonys,
The Sony comes with a coiled cable, which is not as easy to deal with (on the go) as the JVC's thinner straight cable.
The JVCs are smaller then the Sonys when they are folded up and the JVC's thinner (non-coiled) cable is easier to wrap around the headphones.
I know the Sony's do not sound better then the JVCs, as far as my brain remembers.

Sorry if i answer only now. So now do you able to do an audio compare between the 2 models? However you were so good in giving me the description. The coiled cable is very annoying and then the JVCs are also smaller so for now the best choice are the JVC. But if you can try their sound i can do a better comparision.
About the model posted from AstroTurf ( Fostex T50RP ) what do you think?
I have also another 2 model to submit you: 
1- Shure SRH440
2- AKG K518 LE

Users who are viewing this thread

Back