Advice for 2nd pair of studio headphones
Jan 31, 2011 at 5:53 PM Post #16 of 31

Quote:
Wow, that's great! Hope it's good, look forward to hearing your impression of it. I've heard someone claiming that the TB Isone plug-in is better at doing what the VRM box can do, but unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work with my Logic Pro 9, maybe you can check that out too, since the VST is only 20 euro.
As for studio headphones, I'd totally recommend the LCD-2 as long as you don't mind the big price tag and the 2 month wait. 
wink.gif

I'm hoping it will be worth, for $99 shipped, it will better than using what I am now, and that is just plain laptop outputs, I need a better signal, I'm also looking into the Audio Kontrol from NI, if I can grab it cheap enough would be nice.  I wish I had more money to grab more headphones,amps, monitor, the works but I'm a student for now, I'll look into those after I start working :)

Jan 31, 2011 at 7:21 PM Post #18 of 31

Quote:
Acix loves his K702.  Some people love them some people don't.  I don't hate them but I also don't like them very much.  My iphone speakers put out more and deeper bass than the K702 and when it comes to the midrange, it's kind of a tie, they are both thin and peaky. 
popcorn.gif

This had probably been asked countless times of others in other 70X threads, but have you tried them with any amps that are supposed to be a good match for them? I have a perception of the 702 midrange that's similar to yours and was thinking of trying a better amp with them, but I had second thoughts. I'll probably just continue to use them with the LD mkV along with the 240DF or dt48, which have a less anemic midrange, but are weaker in other areas.

Feb 1, 2011 at 10:27 AM Post #20 of 31
Has anyone listened to the Beyerdynamic DT150, I read up on them seem to be a good can, would be nice to have the 8.35D, K702, & DT150, probably would be done buying headphones for a while.

Feb 1, 2011 at 10:52 AM Post #21 of 31
I owned the DT150, and liked them a lot, but I can't promise you they'll be good for mixing and critical studio use, but they have oodles of bass, and sound awesome.  I think it would make a nice bassy can to balance out the others on your list.

Feb 1, 2011 at 10:55 AM Post #22 of 31

Quote:
Has anyone listened to the Beyerdynamic DT150, I read up on them seem to be a good can, would be nice to have the 8.35D, K702, & DT150, probably would be done buying headphones for a while.

That's what you think!
wink_face.gif

Feb 1, 2011 at 12:04 PM Post #24 of 31
And amps...you'll have to upgrade your headphone amp...it's not an option not to do that, LOL

Feb 1, 2011 at 2:56 PM Post #26 of 31
Ok I dunno what it is but does anyone else have issues with typing in replys? If I stop typing and then go back into the reply box to add text to whatever I have already written it will not continue to type, it starts typing above what I already typed??? This is pretty frustrating, I'm using firefox, I do not experience this with any other forum sites except head-fi.

Feb 1, 2011 at 4:57 PM Post #27 of 31
Worse than that, one of these forms regularly crashes my Firefox browser. probably a flash issue, but I'm no expert. And it's only this site that does that. Sure wish they'd get a fix for it.

Quote:
Ok I dunno what it is but does anyone else have issues with typing in replys? If I stop typing and then go back into the reply box to add text to whatever I have already written it will not continue to type, it starts typing above what I already typed??? This is pretty frustrating, I'm using firefox, I do not experience this with any other forum sites except head-fi.

Feb 1, 2011 at 5:02 PM Post #28 of 31
Try the free demo of the TB Isone plugin. I just downloaded it, but so far not crazy about it. Probably need to give it some more time.

Quote:
Uhh just found out the VRM Box is on back order from Focusrite until 1st wk of March that BLOWS!

Feb 1, 2011 at 5:23 PM Post #29 of 31

Quote:

push the source button, then when it goes into source mode, push it again to go back to the non-source message box and this will be fixed. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back