1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Advanced AcousticWerkes W500 Hybrid Flagship Thread

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
12 13 14
Next

Last
  1. phonomat
    Apparently they were not satisfied with the build quality of the switch. That's what I heard from a dealer, but I wouldn't worry about it too much, he might be wrong. *shrug*
    Enjoy your new earphones, I'm sure they're great, would still love to sample them myself.

2. Mimouille
    Well the Null Audio black Friday was more than I could take...ordered the non amorphous version in Universal. I had absolutely loved the demo so couldn't resist.

3. Aleatorius

I couldn't find on the website when the sale is supposed to be over, do you know?

4. Mimouille
    Nope sorry. Email them they are very responsive.

5. Aleatorius

I did, just waiting on a response.

6. Aleatorius
    Apparently they replied pretty fast and I just didn't notice, here was the message I received:
    My questions were:

7. phonomat
    Yep, I think it's going to be W800.

8. Aleatorius

Based on the response I received I would expect it to the the W900:

9. phonomat
    Ah, so they upped it by one! Interesting.

10. MadSounds
    Ive been looking into my first pair of CIEM's for months now, with the intent to buy this weekend. I'm looking for something somewhat in line with my LCD-3f which i know and love.

AWW W500 has been in and out of my #1 slot should have great low end but im worried about coherence, being spoiled by a massive single driver for over a year.

Im also considering the new K10 encore, which is nearly twice as much. any input would be appreciated.

the prospect of a new flagship irks me, if it came out in the next few month i would fell cheated for sure. anyone have any problems with the tuning modal, ive read reports of balance trouble with other tune-able brands.

11. jelt2359 Contributor
    If you are huge on coherence, hybrids may not be your thing.

AAW just contacted me about the W900. Curious to see what's up!

12. Mimouille
    I put my order of the universal AAW500 on hold for the 900.

13. MadSounds

Same. and i'll add that null audio's customer service has been impeccable. Responding to my questions very clearly and within hours, sometimes multiple questions a day. I think there's some what of a sigma buying overseas, like the service or craftsmanship will be compromised for price. I can say service is top notch

14. Mimouille
    I fully agree, very helpful and reactive.

15. crinacle
    God, and I just got a W500... granted, it was second hand and I can only dream of dropping more than a grand on any single piece of gear, but still a new flagship is just making me green with envy for future owners.

As for 9 drivers... I'm not a believer of more drivers = better sound but there is definitely more that can be done with the W500's midrange. Perhaps a little more warmth to sway away from its neutral tonality, but then again it's easily "fixed" with a turn of the AHMorph tuning knob.

Which reminds me, there seems to be rumours floating around that AAW might do away with AHMorph tech. Any reps can confirm?

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
12 13 14
Next

Last