Advanced AcousticWerkes partners with Null-Audio for new line of low cost CIEMs, including hybrids
Oct 22, 2015 at 3:55 PM Post #136 of 474
Im thinking of getting the lower end models as a universal for no worry walkaround use. Would A1d or A2h be suitable? I would prefer the more neutral sounding version.

Oct 22, 2015 at 10:30 PM Post #137 of 474
Im thinking of getting the lower end models as a universal for no worry walkaround use. Would A1d or A2h be suitable? I would prefer the more neutral sounding version.

Both are very colored earphones to be honest, rather bass heavy. A2h is bass and mids forwards with a somewhat recessed treble. A1d is V shaped with LOTS of bass, recessed mids but better treble than A2h. I would go for A1d if given the choice between these two.

Oct 23, 2015 at 3:24 AM Post #139 of 474
Get A3H, you just can't go wrong, the level of resolution is similar to A83 hybrid.

In that case, would you happen to be able to compare the A3H to the W100 if you've auditioned it?

Oct 31, 2015 at 12:19 AM Post #142 of 474
Oct 31, 2015 at 1:41 PM Post #144 of 474

Mine's the W500 AHMorph -

I was pleasantly surprised with its build quality, really - it's miles ahead of my Unique Melody Mentor.

Well, i've decided to go with the W500 AHmorph :) My ear impressions have already been sent. Thanks for the reply to the private message, Malevolent :) Are yours built with the Zaffre blue shell color, crystal clear faceplates, and the Ocean's keep MOP? I'm a big fan of blue lol

Nov 1, 2015 at 5:06 AM Post #145 of 474

so i just happen to receive btg audio starlight mmcx cable

I'm not a cable upgrade believer but yeah theres slight difference maybe wee bit treble extension and quantity that said its prolly because of resistance of the cable.
The cable is really good better than stocks no doubt. I just bought the cable for looks alone and thats all.

Nov 3, 2015 at 2:41 AM Post #146 of 474
Finally, W500 burn-in is completed. I would like to share some opinions as a preview. 

W500 is a warm sounding earphone with slightly thick and clean note recreation. Overall presentation is a bit up-front, but not too forward; in this regard, background is not located too far away from listener.

There is a very powerful sub-bass presentation with a good texture and resolution. Due to background location, depth of punches is not the best; but still very impressive by giving a feel of air. Mid-bass is located close to listener and slightly separate from sub-bass and the rest of the spectrum.  There is significant amount of mid bass even with medium tune. In accordance with its location, mid-bass gives a warmness to whole presentation.

Midrange can be described very clean, smooth and bold. Average note thickness is very good, but resolution is not the best; on the other hand detail level is still high with a rich presentation.

Highs are not very fast to be a super metal-listen earphone. However, they are not piercing as amount and overall tone. Overall high frequency notes are clean, dynamic and natural, but  they are not the best as true tone due to amount of coloration.

W500's stage width is more impressive than its depth and separation is very good with a stable and black background. As for focusing, I find it a bit difficult due to location of mid-bass and general coherence of the presentation.

Some comparisons are about to come with full review soon.      

Nov 3, 2015 at 6:08 AM Post #147 of 474
Your precise and analytic descriptions never cease to amaze me!

Sucks that I am 3 weeks behind you on schedule on both the W500 and Apollo 
biggrin.gif
 My W500 is almost finished, should have it within 2 weeks I think.

ps. That blue W500 looks fantastic - think it's Malevolents(?)

Nov 3, 2015 at 6:18 AM Post #148 of 474
Finally, W500 burn-in is completed. I would like to share some opinions as a preview. 

W500 is a warm sounding earphone with slightly thick and clean note recreation. Overall presentation is a bit up-front, but not too forward; in this regard, background is not located too far away from listener.

There is a very powerful sub-bass presentation with a good texture and resolution. Due to background location, depth of punches is not the best; but still very impressive by giving a feel of air. Mid-bass is located close to listener and slightly separate from sub-bass and the rest of the spectrum.  There is significant amount of mid bass even with medium tune. In accordance with its location, mid-bass gives a warmness to whole presentation.

Midrange can be described very clean, smooth and bold. Average note thickness is very good, but resolution is not the best; on the other hand detail level is still high with a rich presentation.

Highs are not very fast to be a super metal-listen earphone. However, they are not piercing as amount and overall tone. Overall high frequency notes are clean, dynamic and natural, but  they are not the best as true tone due to amount of coloration.

W500's stage width is more impressive than its depth and separation is very good with a stable and black background. As for focusing, I find it a bit difficult due to location of mid-bass and general coherence of the presentation.

Some comparisons are about to come with full review soon.      

How does it compare versus your se5 ref? Looking from your description of W500 it seems they are quite similar except W500 is probably brighter?

Nov 3, 2015 at 6:21 AM Post #149 of 474
Can I ask, which shop are you guys buying your AAW CIEMs from? You can't get them direct from AAW, if I'm not mistaken? I'm located in Australia and mainland China and I'm wondering which retailer would best suit me. Which places have you ordered from and was it a good experience?

Nov 3, 2015 at 6:30 AM Post #150 of 474
Can I ask, which shop are you guys buying your AAW CIEMs from? You can't get them direct from AAW, if I'm not mistaken? I'm located in Australia and mainland China and I'm wondering which retailer would best suit me. Which places have you ordered from and was it a good experience?

Null Audio is very helpful as far as I know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back