Advanced AcousticWerkes partners with Null-Audio for new line of low cost CIEMs, including hybrids
Nov 6, 2015 at 7:20 AM Post #182 of 474
  Well if I'm completely honest the design has failed 
rolleyes.gif
 Not AAW's fault of course but I was expecting a more high res and colourful image. This is the first time I tried a custom image, guess that's a bit of a learning process as well. I was going for this:

And it ended up like this:

It's not clear on the image maybe, but it looks a bit vague and more like a printscreen than a high res image.

When I took a look at those deeply recessed sockets I was afraid my cables wouldn't fit, but luckily that's good as well the fit in my ears.

-edit-
Just realize this is a response to a question on the other thread.

The craftsmanship looks very good in terms of built. The faceplate picture seems to have a bit resolution problem, but it may be about the original picture itself. 

In any case, not bat it is, not bad at all. Enjoy it mate. 

Nov 6, 2015 at 2:07 PM Post #183 of 474
Actually I quite like the way they look but yeah when you put high res image into a very small space like ciem faceplate, unfortunately it won't be as clear as the image itself. Again, I think they did a nice job there. Could it be better? Probably, yeah but I would be still fine with the result. It looks just fine, try to enjoy it mate
happy_face1.gif

Nov 6, 2015 at 9:10 PM Post #184 of 474
Damn they're about to release a new flagship? Maybe I should have waited and gone for that :rolleyes:

Guess that explains the undeclared AAW in Jason's FFAB2.

I believe it's just a prototype. Manufacturers are always tinkering. Doesn't mean they'll release something. Hence the "tbc"...

Nov 6, 2015 at 9:11 PM Post #185 of 474
Well if I'm completely honest the design has failed :rolleyes:  Not AAW's fault of course but I was expecting a more high res and colourful image. This is the first time I tried a custom image, guess that's a bit of a learning process as well. I was going for this:

And it ended up like this:

It's not clear on the image maybe, but it looks a bit vague and more like a printscreen than a high res image.

[COLOR=FF4400]
[/COLOR]

When I took a look at those deeply recessed sockets I was afraid my cables wouldn't fit, but luckily that's good as well the fit in my ears.

-edit-
Just realize this is a response to a question on the other thread.

Yeah don't have good experience with printing. Since then I've gone with carbon fibre or mother of pearl (they make a mean mop as you can see from malevolent's set) or other similar natural materials.

Painting may be interesting though, unfortunately not many offer this.

Nov 6, 2015 at 10:25 PM Post #186 of 474
My IEM has just shipped out yessssssssssss
It must be a long week...

Nov 7, 2015 at 3:55 AM Post #188 of 474
I
Yeah don't have good experience with printing. Since then I've gone with carbon fibre or mother of pearl (they make a mean mop as you can see from malevolent's set) or other similar natural materials.

Painting may be interesting though, unfortunately not many offer this.

Painting does sound interesting, is that what Noble does? Think I might send mine back after a review and get a pearl, malevolents looks really good and I find design very important..

Nov 22, 2015 at 11:28 AM Post #192 of 474
Yup it should be their new 7 drivers hybrid iem. Exciting...

Nov 22, 2015 at 11:33 AM Post #194 of 474
Yup he should be reviewing it I guess. Mine is coming this friday I hope but mine will be the full ba version instead of the hybrid drivers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back