Adidas RPT-01 on ear Bluetooth sport headphones
Aug 1, 2020 at 12:35 AM Post #2 of 5
So a few days ago I ordered a bundle of Marshall stanmore 2 voice and adidas rpt-01. I just wanna give you guys some first impressions of it.
The battery life is a claimed 40 hours, which is huge.
The earpads are removable and washable, so dont worry about sweat.
It is lightweight at just over 200 grams.
It looks cool af, like really low key but still stylish.
15962557434125244744008251434596.jpg
15962557889687621068590142880575.jpg

Now to the downsides:
The clamping force is a little too strong for casual listening, especially for people who wear glasses like me. They are sport headphones afterall. Hopefully after I break them in it will improve.
These bad boys are strictly Bluetooth, it doesn't have an audio jack.
According to my knowledge, it doesn't support any codecs other than the standard sbc. (I verified by going to the developer options of my phone and the only option is sbc)

Sound quality:
I cannot make a comprehensive review right now because I received them less than 24 hours ago. I need to burn them in first. But right now it sounds pretty good.
I am by no means an audiophile, and I don't have a good collection of headphones to benchmark these against. But it's actually decent.
Not going to lie I was pretty skeptical at first of Adidas headphones, but digging a little deeper I found that a Swedish company called Zound Industries made these. Zound also makes speakers and headphones for Marshall, so they know what they are doing.
First impressions: they sound smooth and laid back. It is never harsh. I use tracks like Gustav Holst's Jupiter and Isaac Hayes' Walk On By to test them, and they really smoothen up the sound. Not entirely realistic, but I can guarantee no ear fatigue at all. You can download the adidas headphones app to tweak the eq to your liking. It comes preinstalled with modes like rock, pop, hip hop, electronic, and Adidas etc with one setting called custom.
I can't wait to see how it changes after I fully burn them in.

So the you have it guys, my first impression of these adidas headphones. They are actually decent, and if you go to the gym a lot, give them a try for sure. They sure don't disappoint.

Aug 1, 2020 at 12:57 AM Post #5 of 5
A bit more on sound quality.
The sound stage is quite narrow, most likely due to it being closed back on ear headphones. The imaging on the other hand surprised me. I could hear clearly the different instruments in low quality files like YouTube music. My b&o e8 2.0 true wireless earbuds are pretty good with vocals, but the sound is sort of just there and you don't really know where it comes from. These are a huge improvement over them. It adds to the realism, although the smoothened up sound sounds a bit artificial. Seriously these have serious potential to be even greater if it had a jack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back