1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Adele 25

Discussion in 'Music' started by jorgeu, Jan 4, 2016.
  1. jorgeu
    I got the CD version of the latest Adele album and would like to share my experience.

K4Ynccw.jpg
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B016WW10SA

The Music
    Yes! I love the power of her voice and my favorite song is "When we were young". I hope the whole album were just she singing over a guitar or a piano. Sure, the previous 21 had more variety of rhythms and the general public was happier with it but I don't mind it. If it has her voice its great no matter what.

So, I'm happy with the music part.

Audio Mixing/Mastering
    This album was mixed with the $10 headphone in mind. Its like the they increased the gain or something hopefully getting the most dramatic response from cheap equipment.
    In my headphones this was painful at normal volume. I have to listen to it at half the volume I normally do (Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 250 ohm directly to laptop).
    Its unfortunately considering how much I like her music.

I don't see myself listening to this album anymore. It will go deep in my drawer. I will look for live performance recordings with hopeful better sound quality.

2. gortman
  3. jorgeu
    Oh thank god it wasn't a technical issue in my side. Since then I have been checking other CDs I have, you know, double-checking.
    I guess its more profitable to make happy the people with cheap equipment because there is more money there.