ADEL Technology - Discussion Thread - Update: March 27, 2016: Please Read 2nd Post of the Thread
Jan 19, 2018 at 12:17 AM Post #316 of 336
Having tinnitus, I very recently bought the Zeus Adel to prevent my hearing, and also because I got the feeling that air pressure makes my tinnitus worse (specially when wearing the Etymotics wrap, which I think brings the most pressure due to deep insertion).
I'm happy with the Zeus, still in the discovering phase :)
I plan to sell my "conventional" closed IEMs.

But I need an alternative for the office.
So here my question : if I want to benefit from the same "air/acoustic pressure relief" of Adel, at much much lower cost, and by sacrificing sound quality (at the office, it's about background music, not carefully listening), would an "open IEM" bring the same benefit (pressure relief), or can it only be earbuds, with no sealing at all ?
By "open IEM" I am specially thinking about Final Audio E3000, which is not too expensive, and has very good reviews....

Thank you in advance for your advices.
Any other advices about a not too expensive (about 80 USD/70 euro) IEMs that could match with the described criterias ?

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2018 at 2:55 AM Post #317 of 336
I have seen that Empire Earth has removed ADEL from his product line... Bad news...

Mar 22, 2018 at 8:48 AM Post #319 of 336
Hi guys...

I'm sorry that this post is a bit off topic. I recently bought a mint condition set of custom UE11Pro's - the ones with the original Adele modules. But i can't find instructions on how to remove and insert the modules correctly and I'm dead scared of breaking something. I have googled the question without success (i just get lot's of technical info about Adel and the modules but no removal and insertion instructions) I have also sent 3 emails to the people the company who handle the ADEL products here in Au without any reply whatsoever. (very bad customer service in my opinion)

If anyone can tell me how to safely remove and re-insert these modules i would be very appreciative

Cheers

Mar 22, 2018 at 9:02 AM Post #320 of 336
Hi guys...

I'm sorry that this post is a bit off topic. I recently bought a mint condition set of custom UE11Pro's - the ones with the original Adele modules. But i can't find instructions on how to remove and insert the modules correctly and I'm dead scared of breaking something. I have googled the question without success (i just get lot's of technical info about Adel and the modules but no removal and insertion instructions) I have also sent 3 emails to the people the company who handle the ADEL products here in Au without any reply whatsoever. (very bad customer service in my opinion)

If anyone can tell me how to safely remove and re-insert these modules i would be very appreciative

Cheers
UE11Pro were never made with ADEL. Only 64 Audio and Empire Ears IEMs were made with ADEL. Yours might be a different IEM. Would it be possible for you to share a picture?

Mar 22, 2018 at 9:54 AM Post #321 of 336
Sorry, my mistake. I have a couple of different brands of custom IEM's. You are correct. It wasn't the UE11 pros that i am referring to, it's my 64 Audio A12's that have the 4 x Adel modules. When i got them reshelled 64 Audio did them with the original ADEL modules because that's what they originally had (even tho they no longer use the Adel modules) .

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2018 at 10:09 AM Post #322 of 336
Sorry, my mistake. I have a couple of different brands of custom IEM's. You are correct. It wasn't the UE11 pros that i am referring to, it's my 64 Audio A12's that have the 4 x Adel modules. When i got them reshelled 64 Audio did them with the original ADEL modules because that's what they originally had (even tho they no longer use the Adel modules) .
You just pull them using your fingers and nails. It can be a little tight buy it's okay

Mar 22, 2018 at 2:40 PM Post #325 of 336
Jezz, they're going from IEM maker to IEM maker. Soon to be in the last aisle at Kmart.

I just checked In Earz website. I see ADEL is still spinning their BS tale of saving your hearing. Pressure = damage. Loud volume evidently does not.

I'm still happy with my A12's with their modules though.

Apr 11, 2018 at 2:48 PM Post #327 of 336
It looks like Steve Lebischak just started making his own. I saw and indiegogo awhile back, but now they're on the website: https://asiustechnologies.com/
Has anyone tried these?
The Drums you mean? No they are not delivered to anyone as far as I know. Made my pre-order years ago :grimacing:. Luckily I've been refunded without asking.

Apr 13, 2018 at 4:17 PM Post #328 of 336
Maybe an odd question : I wonder if an earbud, being not closed nor sealed, brings the same benefits of hearing protection (at same volume) than IEM with ADEL ? Of course, this is olnit taking into consideration the différence of sound quality.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2018 at 4:53 PM Post #329 of 336
Maybe an odd question : I wonder if an earbud, being not closed nor sealed, brings the same benefits of hearing protection (at same volume) than IEM with ADEL ? Of course, this is ont taking info consideration the différence of sound quality.
Yes, IMO. Although one of the arguments against this tech (or open phones) is that with increased ambient noise you tend to turn up the volume, which is detrimental.

Apr 14, 2018 at 2:31 AM Post #330 of 336
Yes, IMO. Although one of the arguments against this tech (or open phones) is that with increased ambient noise you tend to turn up the volume, which is detrimental.
I ment in quiet environment indeed, that's why I said "at same volume"... We loose the benefits of the sealing, but there should not be pneumatic pressure...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back