1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

ADEL Technology - Discussion Thread - Update: March 27, 2016: Please Read 2nd Post of the Thread

Discussion in 'Sound Science' started by eaglewings, Mar 7, 2016.
First

Back
5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
Next

Last
  1. Joe Bloggs Contributor

I suggest the EtyKids by etymotics. :D

2. jazzfan

Thanks for your suggestion [​IMG], but I'd rather wait for a more effective ADEL based solution.

3. Canyon Runner
    Urgent Announcement - Immediate opportunity for hearing impaired persons to participate in ongoing ADEL research being conducted at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, TN.

Due to overwhelming response to our recent open message to Brain Johnson of AC/DC (https://youtu.be/GNq9tOGA-tY) Asius Technologies has arranged last minute inclusion for eligible hearing impaired persons to participate in our preliminary ADEL studies this weekat Vanderbilt University. 

Persons who suffer profound single-sided or binaural (both sided) deafness and who are unable to determine the location of sounds around them are invited to call 720 204 2676 or email info@asiustechnologies.com. Testing will commence on Wednesday and Thursday (June 22nd -23rd) of this week and possibly Thursday and Friday (June 29th- 30th) of next week. 

We realize the last minute nature of this opportunity -which came most unexpectedly-  which nevertheless allows us to include a limited number of all the people who have been contacting us since the release of Brian's authorized press statement: 
    "It works," Johnson said of Ambrose's ADEL hearing technology in an authorized statement. "It just totally works and you can't argue with that. I was really moved and amazed to be able to hear music again like I haven't heard for several years now. I can't wait for it to be miniaturized so I can use it in every situation from normal communication, going out to noisy restaurants, [and] performing live music onstage.
    If you live near or can get to Nashville quickly and would like to participate, your support of this study will be greatly appreciated. 

Asius Technologies 

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ac-dcs-brian-johnson-gives-positive-update-on-hearing-loss-20160603#ixzz4C9iEjqPU 
    Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

vtrinidad87 likes this.
  4. vtrinidad87
    Best of luck on your life-changing research!

5. Mython Contributor
    Only just noticed this thread... (I was discussing ADEL, a few months ago, in the other 64 ADEL thread)[​IMG]

6. jazzfan
    This past Thursday I had the distinct privilege of meeting Stephen Ambrose and @Canyon Runner in Corte Madera, CA. During our meeting, I had a rare opportunity to privately demo some of Asius' soon to be released technology. I was a bit overwhelmed by the variety of items I was able to sample which included both ADEL auto and manual modules, the ADEL Drum earbuds an IEM innovation, and a brand new hearing aid technology that has been under development. The experience was far too brief for me to form a proper opinion on all of the items I sampled. But I will say I'm very excited about what I heard, and I'm looking forward to upcoming announcements from Asius on the new technology. Stay tuned for more info.

canali, Ike1985 and Canyon Runner like this.
  7. eldss
    I wanted to second your thoughts and thank @Canyon Runner. My brothers are not on head-fi nor post on any forums, but both use non ADEL equipped IEMs, and headphones. I had been talking to them about ADEL for a long time, but they always thought I was exaggerating about the tech. A few weeks ago, they were in Colorado and Steve, Stephen Ambrose and his wife were gracious to host them and give them a demonstration of a  lot of their toys, including the bubbles and other upcoming projects. To sum it up, they both are very hard to impress, but both left very impressed and very exited with the various projects Asius Technologies has up their sleeve. They remarked that both Steve and Stephen were very passionate about what they do and appreciated their insight about this tech. 

Canyon Runner likes this.
  8. krismusic Contributor
    Sounds very interesting.

9. maniac2003
    About the ADEL Drum earbuds, in what tier would the land, is it possible to name simmilar(ish) dynamic in-ears?

10. Canyon Runner
    There really isn't anything (that I'm aware of at least) on the market. It's really an open back ear bud, that uses a dynamic driver and you have a whole lot of adjustibility in terms of tuning due to the much much larger membrane size. 

So there really isn't much to compare it to at this point. What we're doing is giving audiophile sound quality, but in a section of the market that keeps it accessible to everybody, rather than just those willing to drop $500+ on high end IEMs.

11. maniac2003
    Got curious, so 1 on pre-order.

12. maniac2003
    @Canyon Runner
    How is the current situation effecting the ADEL Drum earbuds?
    Something that I missed, when is the planned release?

13. Canyon Runner
    It's really not to be honest. Our CAD guy is still running full steam on that project, even coming in on weekends. Yesterday, obviously I was on my computer for a much larger part of the day than normal, so some shipping stuff got pushed back a day. But that's really it. 

We will be having a press release shortly regarding the Drum release.

maniac2003 and Ike1985 like this.
  14. Matte82
    As someone who has been interested in Asius tech this thread has been great. Read it tonight. Will go back and check out the spreecast at some point. I also have a set of the "Drums" on pre order. Really interested in what they offer. I would love to try the 64 ears models, but life and baby #3, dictate I spend the money elsewhere. But if there's even a small change they can help prolong my hearing, it's worth it. :) and definitely interested in any press release.

15. Canyon Runner
    Press releases should be starting to come out shortly. I don't have a date to give out yet, but it'll be worth the wait!

The drums are great, really. The last pair we finished building today, our engineer had to make his case for just keeping them as the fruits of his labor haha.
    (Of course we let him keep them for his own enjoyment)

In the meantime, here's a video of Stephen demoing the bubbles with Paul Stanley of KISS

canali and jazzfan like this.
First

Back
5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
Next

Last