ADDIEM, NE-7M or Klipsch S4
Aug 12, 2010 at 2:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

knugge

100+ Head-Fier
I wanted to take this thread away but I don't understand how?

I saw that there are alot of posts regarding these iems and that no consensus is ever found why this thread seems unnecessary.

Aug 12, 2010 at 6:29 PM Post #6 of 14
Since I tried to erase this thread I didn't mention I actually have the addiems and has had them for about a year now and am thinking about upgrading. It's funny how my conclusion about consensus seems to be proven right away. This might become an interesting thread after all.

Aug 12, 2010 at 8:32 PM Post #8 of 14
In my view, you are wasting your money buying either the Nuforce or the Klipsch as an upgrade to the ADDIEMs. Get something better, like the Ety MC5, which is $79 new.

Quote:
Since I tried to erase this thread I didn't mention I actually have the addiems and has had them for about a year now and am thinking about upgrading. It's funny how my conclusion about consensus seems to be proven right away. This might become an interesting thread after all.

Aug 13, 2010 at 3:17 AM Post #10 of 14
@slaters70: thanks for the tip but the ety mc5 isn't available in Sweden so the ety option is the hf2 or hf5. I'm surprised to see you think the Klipsch s4 is on par with the addiems. I understand that their soundsig. might be totally different resulting in people saying they are equally good but different. The problem is that their soundsig might differ so much some would say that one is superior to the other eventhough they are equally good in some sense.

Why would I be wasting my money buying the klipsch, do they sound almost the same?

Are you, at the same time, saying that the ety hf2 is a much better phone than the klipsch s4, because they cost approximately the same here in Sweden?

Aug 17, 2010 at 4:29 PM Post #12 of 14
So my new iems have arrived. Listening to them rigth now and I must say they are à definitive step above the addiems. The whole frequency spectrum is more open and with faster pace. The midbase is clearly superior with more liquidity which also is true for the midrange where none of the veil from the addiems remain. The top is really good, very crisp and realistic and well integrated with everything bringing contour to the deeper notes. Fit is comfortable and it's easy to find à good seal for me with the medium single flange tips. All in all I am very pleased with this purchase. The music now feels more natural and nothing really bothers me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back