AD700 Pressure on my jaw
Dec 10, 2009 at 10:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

ajdef3

New Head-Fier
So after much anticipation of finally getting a pair of headphones, I finally got the AD700s for gaming and movies.

At first I couldn't realize it, but now they are irratating and putting pressure underneath my ear on my upper jaw that i just don't like at all.

Will they feel better after using them a while longer? Will I get used to it? Anything I can do to fix it?

Thanks
smile_phones.gif

Dec 10, 2009 at 10:15 PM Post #2 of 14
I had a similar problem when I got mine, And I actually wear them lower now than I used to, try pulling them down a bit so the top of your ears just barely touch the top of the pad

My Sennheiser HD-280's give me some serious aggrivation when I wear them for too long.. They're really tight on my hear. These AD700's feel real good to me, I like 'em a lot, very easy to sleep with

Dec 10, 2009 at 10:18 PM Post #4 of 14
You can rubber-band the wings together so that the pressure is more evenly distributed. This also increases the clamping pressure so that the AD700s will actually stay on your head rather than slide off when you breathe too hard.

Dec 10, 2009 at 10:29 PM Post #5 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by logwed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can rubber-band the wings together so that the pressure is more evenly distributed. This also increases the clamping pressure so that the AD700s will actually stay on your head rather than slide off when you breathe too hard.

I really like the fit, they don't slid off and feel fine everywhere... except under my ear. Adding more clamping pressure? nthx

Dec 10, 2009 at 10:34 PM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by ajdef3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really like the fit, they don't slid off and feel fine everywhere... except under my ear. Adding more clamping pressure? nthx

You can't take the clamp of the AD700? Is your skull made of paper?

I give you the Grado, my friend.
gs1000.gif

Dec 10, 2009 at 10:36 PM Post #9 of 14
I definitely experienced this for first few weeks after I got the AD700, plus some unexplainable itching where the pads were touching. Then either the pads broke in or I got used to it... I have no comfort issues with it whatsoever anymore, and they're still by far the most comfortable cans that I have currently.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 10, 2009 at 10:38 PM Post #10 of 14
Its not about how much pressure, its where it us. Right under your ear at the jaw part or w/e is pretty uncomfortable. D:

Yeah, I felt the itching yesterday too!
It went away though.
tongue.gif

Dec 10, 2009 at 10:42 PM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by ajdef3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Its not about how much pressure, its where it us. Right under your ear at the jaw part or w/e is pretty uncomfortable. D:

Yeah, I felt the itching yesterday too!
It went away though.
tongue.gif

I haven't really spent too much time listening to them (they are a friend's) but I see what you mean. A) The pads are huge! B) They do tend to concentrate down on the jaw (I wear braces, so it's an issue). However, I also had the problem where they would slide off if I tried to sit up. They felt very light to me, but keep in mind, I cut my teeth on the clampiest phones I've ever experienced (Koss Pro4AATs).

Dec 11, 2009 at 3:07 AM Post #13 of 14
Its not clamping force, the cups sit on your ears tilted, and all the weight is on the bottom of the cups. It goes away very shortly.

Another issue that always come sup is the lack of bass with the ad700's. The headphones have 53mm which is massive for headphones. When you EQ it for bass it hits really hard. There is a little distortion though, because of this I went with the Denon 2k that out of the box sound awesome, well minus the soundstage.

Dec 11, 2009 at 2:25 PM Post #14 of 14
after two weeks of daily wear, about 2 hours per day or so, the clamping effect on the jaw disappeared. I think it has something to do with the pads softening to the shape of your jaw, as well as the headband's clamping force lessening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back