ACS T2s are here!!!
Dec 18, 2006 at 6:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

choariwap

100+ Head-Fier
sounds great
smily_headphones1.gif
much better than Sf5pro:

1. comfort - superb. feels good even after 8 hours use. with the sf5pro, part of my earlobes hurt. fit is about 80% good, left fits perfectly, right breaks seal when mouth is wide open. may send it for adjustments.

2. sound
b. t2 vs sf5pro vs hd65- vs k1000 - i thought the sf5pro sounded clear and detailed before... the t2s beat them in clarity, detail, balance and soundstage. the sf5pro's bass emphasis make them sound muddy in comparison. the higher sensitivity of the sf5pro also let in more white noise from the electronics, the t2 are dead silent. the t2 sound sig has very good balance, overall neutral with a slightly warm tilt. its not as bright as the k1000 but not as dark as the hd650. its a great middle ground. overall quality, i would place it in the league of the hd650. it sacrifices soundstage but counters with detail and isolation. it still loses out overall to the big cans, but if i were to choose only one set of phones, i'd pick the t2 since they sound great even for home use standards.

i dont know how it compares to the ue10pro but these are cheaper and i guess would be more comfortable (since it is made from soft silicone).

cimg2118ie4.jpg

cimg2119yu0.jpg

cimg2120yk7.jpg

Dec 19, 2006 at 7:35 PM Post #2 of 12
Nice pics and commentary. You say that they're cheaper than the UE 10's, which I believe are $900 (plus an audiologist fitting the pieces) but on the website, they are priced as 499 pounds, which works out to about $1000 USD no ? Unless you got them at a cheaper price somewhere ?

Dec 19, 2006 at 7:57 PM Post #3 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by choariwap /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i dont know how it compares to the ue10pro but these are cheaper and i guess would be more comfortable (since it is made from soft silicone).

Has anyone compared the sound quality between the ACS T2 and UE10 Pro?

And, I have UE10 Pros (hard mold) and custom earplugs (soft silicon) for motorcycle racing. Even though the custom earplugs are made from soft silicon the hard UE10's are much more comfortable. I don't know why that would be the case, but it is.

Dec 20, 2006 at 2:56 AM Post #4 of 12
they're slightly cheaper bec if you buy from outside the UK they dont charge the tax. so it comes to 435 GBP shipped, or 870 USD. ue10s are 915 or so shipped in the US, much more shipped internationally.

there were some posts a while back comparing the two. basically t2 are upgraded sensas with better highs. sensas are in the same league as the ue10s, so i dont think you can go wrong with either. it just came out more convenient and cheaper for me so i chose the t2s.

Dec 20, 2006 at 5:23 AM Post #5 of 12
Excellent review and congrats with your purchase. I'm thinking about the T2 too as the UE10Pro is a bit of a hassle to order from the UK. What do you think of the build quality (earpieces and cable)? Could you give us more info on the actual cable (flexibility, softness), 1/8" jack configuration/build, etc?

May I please beg you to post more pictures of your gorgeous new custom IEMs? Welcome to the upper-most echelon of portable listening
biggrin.gif

Dec 20, 2006 at 6:45 AM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by choariwap /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...i thought the sf5pro sounded clear and detailed before...

You might want to double-check that
plainface.gif

Dec 20, 2006 at 4:00 PM Post #7 of 12
One more question:
Did you take open, closed or half-open mouth impressions? I have a feeling you went for the closed mouth option since you say that the seal breaks when you open your mouth.

Dec 20, 2006 at 4:28 PM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One more question:
Did you take open, closed or half-open mouth impressions? I have a feeling you went for the open mouth option since you say that the seal breaks when you open your mouth.

I think you mean impressions with mouth closed if the seal breaks on opening mouth.
redface.gif

Dec 20, 2006 at 5:06 PM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by StevieDvd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think you mean impressions with mouth closed if the seal breaks on opening mouth.
redface.gif

exactly what I meant to say!
blink.gif

original post edited

Dec 20, 2006 at 6:35 PM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Excellent review and congrats with your purchase. I'm thinking about the T2 too as the UE10Pro is a bit of a hassle to order from the UK. What do you think of the build quality (earpieces and cable)? Could you give us more info on the actual cable (flexibility, softness), 1/8" jack configuration/build, etc?

May I please beg you to post more pictures of your gorgeous new custom IEMs? Welcome to the upper-most echelon of portable listening
biggrin.gif

i live to serve
biggrin.gif

cimg2126ib9.jpg

cimg2124xj7.jpg

cimg2127be5.jpg

build quality is good. the pieces are smooth, no sloppy bumps and such. the wire is also looped once in the mold to make a stronger anchor to the drivers. the cable feels good, its not grippy, no tangling tendency. thickness is just about right for a portable. its flexible, not microphonic, but not sloppy. it has this braided shield in it, but i'm not sure if its functional or just for show. the jack is nothing special, your average gold plated 1/4 jack.

Quote:

One more question:
Did you take open, closed or half-open mouth impressions? I have a feeling you went for the closed mouth option since you say that the seal breaks when you open your mouth.

i took almost closed mouth, basically i simulated my usual listening position. andy at acs advises closed mouth because the soft silicone material had more tolerance. i'll do full closed mouth next, as my jaw may have wiggled a little since it wasnt a stable position. i know where the problem area is, so with some detailed explanations, i think i can lick this second time around.

i think closed mouth is ok to go, with open mouth you could go the opposite extreme and have it too tight. my left earpiece fits absolutely perfectly, it doesnt budge, i can eat, jog, yawn, jump, look around, crack my neck and still have great seal. i think there's really an element of luck in these things. in any case, i am thankful that its just one side thats faulty, thats one less impression to make
biggrin.gif

in any case, if you're in the UK, refits will be easy and they are part of the price of the iems, so you can go to town with the impressions and refits.

Dec 21, 2006 at 9:40 AM Post #11 of 12
Thanks for the additional pics/info. I think I'm going to join Team T2 wannabe and ditch UE10Pro
biggrin.gif
It's much more convenient and the final price is around the same. I can't really be bothered to have the earphones sent all the way back to Hong Kong, and then forwarded back to me and I'm not too fussed abuot having to pay the extra 70 or so pounds. As long as they sound and look good, then all is well.

Just out of interest, what made you get the T2 instead of the UE10Pro, ES2 or ProPhonic 2X-S apart from price?

Dec 21, 2006 at 2:33 PM Post #12 of 12
basically, from the reviews so far the T2 equal to the ue10 in sound quality.

i picked the t2 since shipping is cheaper, they will mark down customs value (didnt have to pay anything), total price is cheaper.

only thing ue10 had over it was looks, and i'm not about to pay >100 dollars for looks.

i've spent an insane amount already as it is *looks at join date*... *looks at sig*
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back