ACS T1 Live! vs Heir Audio 8.A vs Unique Melody Miracle?
Nov 15, 2012 at 3:08 AM Post #17 of 41
ow okey
But thats okey with the OP?
if so then i am very curious why not japanese? 

Nov 15, 2012 at 10:33 AM Post #18 of 41
I think you have many choices here like upgrade the DAPs with DACAMPs and highend CIEMs, this combo will give you better soundexperience than just CIEMs plug in Clip+. The other options are like buy 16Pro+JH3A or UM 6PP for even highend soundquality or just buy very highend DAPs like HM-801, iBasso DX1000 and CIEMs like UM Maricale, Heir Audio 8A, JH13Pro, JH16Pro, Westone ES5, UE Reference(5drivers).

Nov 15, 2012 at 11:26 AM Post #20 of 41
Quote:
Are you Korean?

Might make sense.  Dispute over Dokdo Islands has resparked the deep rooted conflict between the two races.  After all, Japan invaded Korea less than one hundred years ago and as a Korean it's understandable.  But personally, I would tell my parents they were being quite ignorant and to get over it.

Nov 15, 2012 at 11:39 AM Post #21 of 41
Could be Chinese as well because of the Sino-Japanese Wars and the recent Senkaku Islands crisis. Lots of Chinese are boycotting Japanese products.

But, I prefer to take him at his word and regard him as a Martian robot.

Nov 15, 2012 at 11:47 AM Post #22 of 41
Quote:
Could be Chinese as well because of the Sino-Japanese Wars and the recent Senkaku Islands crisis. Lots of Chinese are boycotting Japanese products.

Actually.  I believe he may be a Pseudo Martian, similar to the Daleks, some sort of space/organic life form albeit the desire to exterminate all humans and the lack of any emotion.

Nov 15, 2012 at 1:20 PM Post #23 of 41
Quote:
ow okey
But thats okey with the OP?
if so then i am very curious why not japanese? 

Quote:
Are you Korean?

Quote:

Might make sense.  Dispute over Dokdo Islands has resparked the deep rooted conflict between the two races.  After all, Japan invaded Korea less than one hundred years ago and as a Korean it's understandable.  But personally, I would tell my parents they were being quite ignorant and to get over it.

Quote:

You are correct sir.

Quote:

Actually.  I believe he may be a Pseudo Martian, similar to the Daleks, some sort of space/organic life form albeit the desire to exterminate all humans and the lack of any emotion.

No!!! You figured out my plans! Now the world won't end in 2012 :frowning2:

Nov 15, 2012 at 3:49 PM Post #25 of 41
Quote:
Aside from figuring out what my true life form is, should I start the process of elimination with the JH13/JH16 Pro, Heir Audio 8.A, and the Unique Melody Miracle?

From what I read the JH13 and Miracles have the same basic neutral sound, with the Miracle edging out on the majority of reviews. The JH16 Pro is more for those who do not what 100% accurate sound, rather they want the extra bass; this is not for me. I literally know nothing about the Heir 8.A as during the process of researching the Miracles, most of the reviewers were moving away from those.

The reason I chose the UM Miracle over the JH13 was the reviews on build quality and customer support. Almost universally (You can look yourself) UM had a higher review in these categories. When spending over $1000, that is important to me.

Nov 15, 2012 at 10:11 PM Post #26 of 41
Quote:
From what I read the JH13 and Miracles have the same basic neutral sound, with the Miracle edging out on the majority of reviews. The JH16 Pro is more for those who do not what 100% accurate sound, rather they want the extra bass; this is not for me. I literally know nothing about the Heir 8.A as during the process of researching the Miracles, most of the reviewers were moving away from those.

The reason I chose the UM Miracle over the JH13 was the reviews on build quality and customer support. Almost universally (You can look yourself) UM had a higher review in these categories. When spending over $1000, that is important to me.

That is some great feedback. I'll be keeping this information in mind when finally purchasing my custom IEMs. I'm also considering the ACS T1, so I think I'll start my process of elimination.

Nov 16, 2012 at 7:27 AM Post #28 of 41
Hi there,

To be perfectly honest, I think the poll is kind of pointless. No offence here, but given the fact that we all cannot be like average_joe to build up such a huge amount of CIEMs for comparison, at this point I'd say we are just telling you what we want/like personally. And given the usual YMMV, huge chance that it might not do the trick for you. Essentially, aside from sound quality, it boils down to less noticeable but equally important other factors such as comfort, build quality, longevity, customer services...etc. And let's face it: spending 1/6 of that 2000 bucks on a good portable amp will bring substantial gains in sound quality that might not even be realised by splurging on a much more "superior" pair of customs than what you're planning to get. After all, do you have the equipments it takes to appreciate the superiority in sound quality? $100 on a portable amp at this level sounds like a joke to me. No offence.

And if I have to chime in my opinion, I'd say that the Heir Audio 8.A with the 25% discount sounds hard to miss with all the customisation options, even though here in the UK I'd rather pick the ACS T1 Live! due to Boots 15% offer and the fact that I have to deal with overseas customs import/duty. The 8.A sounds more to your liking the most out of the three, and given the fact that you'll have around $300 to spare on an amp (or if possible, I suggest some one-in-all solutions like the DX100 or C4 DAP), it's hard to imagine you not emerging a winner. 

Nov 16, 2012 at 9:10 AM Post #30 of 41
Don't fall into the 'more drivers the better the IEM' sinkhole! And get some with a recessed plug or you may have problems with durability with extensive use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back