ACS T1 Live! Custom IEM Review: Silicone for the Big Stage
Oct 23, 2014 at 11:06 PM Post #211 of 222
After they have been in for a bit the silicon will soften as it heats up. I find this makes a good seal easier. If they are cool initially they do not seem to seal as well.

Oct 24, 2014 at 2:19 PM Post #213 of 222
I use the ones that came with the T1's....

Nov 26, 2014 at 8:09 PM Post #214 of 222
Thinking of getting in on the Black Friday sale.... Three questions:

1) What's the difference between T1 Live! and T1?
2) Do these discolour? I want to go for clear, but if they discolour I might just get smokey.
3) Are the reliability issues serious? I'm gonna order from overseas so I don't want to ship back and forth...

Nov 26, 2014 at 8:24 PM Post #215 of 222
T1 Live has the following added beyond the standard T1:

Every T1 Live! has a pair of built-in, sub miniature, wideband, flat response microphones! Interfacing our new ambient sound processor betweenEvery T1 Live! has a pair of built-in, sub miniature, wideband, flat response microphones! Interfacing our new ambient sound processor between the wireless belt pack and your T1 Live! in-ear monitors, will allow you to introduce and adjust your ambient surroundings independently from the mix. Imagine being able to control the outside sound and safely eliminate the isolation experienced by wearing good sealing in ear monitors.the wireless belt pack and your T1 Live! in-ear monitors, will allow you to introduce and adjust your ambient surroundings independently from the mix. Imagine being able to control the outside sound and safely eliminate the isolation experienced by wearing good sealing in ear monitors.

http://www.acscustom.com/us/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=117&Itemid=91

Mine have not discolored in 2 years. Still basically clear.

Nov 26, 2014 at 8:46 PM Post #216 of 222

Every T1 Live! has a pair of built-in, sub miniature, wideband, flat response microphones! Interfacing our new ambient sound processor betweenEvery T1 Live! has a pair of built-in, sub miniature, wideband, flat response microphones! Interfacing our new ambient sound processor between the wireless belt pack and your T1 Live! in-ear monitors, will allow you to introduce and adjust your ambient surroundings independently from the mix. Imagine being able to control the outside sound and safely eliminate the isolation experienced by wearing good sealing in ear monitors.the wireless belt pack and your T1 Live! in-ear monitors, will allow you to introduce and adjust your ambient surroundings independently from the mix. Imagine being able to control the outside sound and safely eliminate the isolation experienced by wearing good sealing in ear monitors.

http://www.acscustom.com/us/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=117&Itemid=91

Thank you. So basically unless I need ambient noise, T1 is enough?

Also, have you had any issues with the reliability?

Nov 26, 2014 at 8:48 PM Post #217 of 222

Thank you. So basically unless I need ambient noise, T1 is enough?

Also, have you had any issues with the reliability?

T1 is for Audiophiles. T1 Live! is for performers. The only reliability issue was a bad cable, They replaced it right away at no charge.

Nov 26, 2014 at 10:20 PM Post #218 of 222
  T1 is for Audiophiles. T1 Live! is for performers. The only reliability issue was a bad cable, They replaced it right away at no charge.

Thanks again. The T1 doesn't have a replaceable cable, and the T1 Live! does, correct?

Nov 26, 2014 at 10:22 PM Post #219 of 222
The T1 does have a replaceable cable. ACS uses a connector that AFAIK is not used by any other CIEM. Tricky thing too. Of course you don't take them apart often.

Nov 26, 2014 at 10:41 PM Post #220 of 222
Damn, the BF deal is so good I'd probably jump in for another pair if I hadn't got one already. Even against the mighty JH13FP's that I have acquired a while ago, they still manage to offer a more balanced signature while not falling too short of the technicalities. Not to mention the superbly comfortable silicone shells. The only qualm I have with them is probably the cable, at 1.4m (4'6'') it just seems to be too long for the typical 1.74m (5'7'') Asian I am. However, since they are first and foremost designed for on-stage artists who typically would wear them behind their necks, I guess that's to be expected.  

Mar 23, 2015 at 4:49 PM Post #221 of 222
In case it help others I just wanted to post a quick report of my long-term experience (since mid-2013) with ACS T1s. Unfortunately it's bad news! They have just broken AGAIN (see details below) and they're now outside warranty, so I'm sadly going to just cut my losses and throw them in the bin, which I feel is pretty pathetic considering their cost, the fact they're only 18 months old, that they got so little use and received so much babying. 

Suffice to say, I'll never buy another pair of ACS IEMs again!

Details:

05/2013 - Original purchase. Approx £550 UK pounds were paid. Outcome: order was screwed up and I got the old version T1s which ACS replaced with the new model
07/2013 - Right IEM started cutting out. Outcome: ACS replaced them under warranty quoting moisture as the root cause
10/2013 - Left IEM started cutting out. Outcome: ACS replaced them under warranty quoting moisture as the root cause
02/2015 - Right IEM started cutting out. Outcome: they'll have to go in the trash as they're out of warranty

Since 10/2013 I literally babied the IEMs to the point it was embarrassing. I put them in a sealed glass jar with about 10 silica gels, including some indicator-type gels which are color coded and would have indicated if their ability to remove moisture had been exhausted. I also used them about once a month. 

So, in summary, I paid £550 for a product that had to go back 3 times in the first 6 months, and ultimately they lasted less than 2 years. I'd say I probably only got to use them fewer than 100 times in total. There's pretty poor value for money at £5.50 per use, kind of similar to the price of a music album. 

I may have just been very, very unlucky, so YMMV. However, if you've another option that could work similarly well, then it may be best to go with that. I wish I had done so back in 2013 as that's what I must now do ... alas £550 less well off.

Happy listening,
Gerry

Mar 31, 2015 at 5:20 PM Post #222 of 222
Hi Gerry

Your experience are slightly better than mine hehehe

You already read my post in other tread right?

Yeah, i sent back my acs at mid Jan 2015
And no response untill now

Still waiting

Users who are viewing this thread

Back