ACS T1 Live! Custom IEM Review: Silicone for the Big Stage
Jan 9, 2013 at 8:41 PM Post #91 of 222
Quote:

There is one other difference, and it's that the T1 costs less than the T1 Live
tongue_smile.gif
. I personally went for the T1 to save a a bit of cash and because I would never use the microphone feature of the T1 Live, which is therefore just another thing to go wrong for no added value.

+1 on that!

Jan 11, 2013 at 11:55 AM Post #92 of 222
Hmm. Last year (January) when I was putting in the order, I was told there were differences at that point. Specifically the crossover and the dampener. I ended up ordering the Live! but deleting the microphone. (My reasoning was, If I'm spending so much on headphones, why not get the better of the 2?)

They also said the Classic may be discontinued soon at that point, whereas now they seem to have merged them into the same device. Seems like I paid a bit more than I needed to, and potential ACS customers are being told different things now... oh well. Still great headphones though.

Jan 11, 2013 at 12:22 PM Post #93 of 222
No worries with either the T1's or the T1 Live! I would imagine. several hours of fun yesterday with travel from Boston to Minneapolis. Sure made the time go by quickly!

Jan 11, 2013 at 12:30 PM Post #94 of 222
Thanks but the T1 live got a build in mic and I think I don't quite like that feature.

Anyway, I had emailed ACS and this is the reply from them.

The only difference between the T1 Live! and the T1 is that the Live! series have the ambient microphones in. Everything else is the same.

Thanks.

Hi guys,

But i hear both acs t1 classic (old classic) with mine (T1 live!)
The sound is not same
Live! = more open and slight bright than the classic one

But maybe the classic is not the new version, the classic is more than 2 years ago maybe and the live was 1 year ago

Jan 11, 2013 at 12:38 PM Post #95 of 222
Drop ACS Adam a PM here on Head-Fi and see what he says bout the difference...

Jan 11, 2013 at 1:42 PM Post #96 of 222
Quote:
Hi guys,

The sound is not same

But maybe the classic is not the new version, the classic is more than 2 years ago maybe and the live was 1 year ago

I know at the time of my order of T1s (November 2012) that you can have the T1 Classic made. The T1s I got (i.e. the latest and greatest model) are refrerred to as T1 T-Series and the 'Lives' as T1-Live.

What I took from the discussion earlier in this thread was that there's no difference between the sound of the T1 T-Series and the T1-Live, but I agree with longbowbbs that PMing Adam from ACS to confirm would be good.

Jan 11, 2013 at 2:11 PM Post #98 of 222
B
I know at the time of my order of T1s (November 2012) that you can have the T1 Classic made. The T1s I got (i.e. the latest and greatest model) are refrerred to as T1 T-Series and the 'Lives' as T1-Live.

What I took from the discussion earlier in this thread was that there's no difference between the sound of the T1 T-Series and the T1-Live, but I agree with longbowbbs that PMing Adam from ACS to confirm would be good.

But what if 2010 (maybe) acs classic with 2012 acs?
From the built, i see the crossover is not the same one
The connector port between cable to iem is not the same also

Jan 11, 2013 at 3:12 PM Post #99 of 222
Quote:
B
But what if 2010 (maybe) acs classic with 2012 acs?
From the built, i see the crossover is not the same one
The connector port between cable to iem is not the same also

Yea, I think the T1 Classic 2010 model (i.e. definitely a model or more earlier than the current the T1 T-Series) is physically different and, accordingly, would sound different too. I'm basing this on the T1 Classic I used to have which didn't look the same internally as the T1 T-Series that I own now.

But like you say, you're pretty satisfied with your T1-Live, so that's the main thing
biggrin.gif

Jan 12, 2013 at 10:37 AM Post #100 of 222
Quote:
Hi guys,

The sound is not same

As what I know, the new T1 classic is using new driver which should sound better than the old one.

And I will be received my new T1 classic the week after next. ACS response was really fast as compared to last time.

Waiting to hear the new T1 classic patiently...........................................
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 14, 2013 at 12:13 AM Post #101 of 222
Quote:
Quote:
Hi guys,

The sound is not same

As what I know, the new T1 classic is using new driver which should sound better than the old one.

And I will be received my new T1 classic the week after next. ACS response was really fast as compared to last time.

Waiting to hear the new T1 classic patiently...........................................
smily_headphones1.gif

Interesting.  I was told the T1 Live! was different than the previous T1, and if the 2010 T1 has been updated but with a similar sound to the T1 Classic, that would be good to know.

Jan 14, 2013 at 1:10 AM Post #102 of 222
Quote:

Interesting.  I was told the T1 Live! was different than the previous T1, and if the 2010 T1 has been updated but with a similar sound to the T1 Classic, that would be good to know.

I remember sending my T1 classic late 2010 to ACS for Andy to service my right side intermitent sound and ask him to change to the removable wire type but he told me it's still in the progress of research and not ready yet. He also mentioned that the new T1 classic will have new driver which is a big improvement on the overall sound.

So I had no choice but just asked him to service it till now, I will have the taste of the new T1 classic...........................................
tongue_smile.gif

Jan 14, 2013 at 2:12 AM Post #103 of 222

I heard both of t1 old classic and t1 live
Soundsig is about the same, but the sound is different
In my opinion, the t1 old classic is more dull than the t1 live
But the vocal is more emotional at t1 old classic
T1 live more open, clean, transparant, overall better than the old classic one

I also saw the t1 new classic... But i cant hear because the mould is very big (cant fit into my ears haha)
The built is about the same as t1 live but without microphone
Inside the t1 new classic is installed the same crossover as the t1 live (in my seeing they are about the same)
And inside the t1 old classic is installed the other crossover

I saw 3 different acs t1 already hehe, my self is using the t1 live

Btw, do you guys know how to change the stock cable? (Recable)
I couldn find the right port cable to iem
Hehe

Jan 14, 2013 at 7:12 AM Post #104 of 222
Quote:
Btw, do you guys know how to change the stock cable? (Recable)
I couldn find the right port cable to iem
Hehe

It is a 5 pin connector and there is a small notch where they line up properly. It is not designed to be an easy replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back