Acoustune HS1501 AL / HS1551 CU
Oct 12, 2018 at 1:59 AM Post #136 of 220
20181012_134929.jpg

I wanted colour coordination and went with the ARC13 cable instead. This is an amazing combo. Full lower end, forward vocals, sparkly treble. Magnifique. I won't mind being stuck with this combo in a desert island. Or maybe a dessert island lol

Oct 12, 2018 at 12:56 PM Post #137 of 220

I wanted colour coordination and went with the ARC13 cable instead. This is an amazing combo. Full lower end, forward vocals, sparkly treble. Magnifique. I won't mind being stuck with this combo in a desert island. Or maybe a dessert island lol

I see you have the Gemini as well, what's your impression compare the 2 IEM with AMP8

Oct 13, 2018 at 12:13 PM Post #140 of 220
Anyone tried HS1004, massdrop plus, QDC neptune, QDC anole V3, Oriolus Forsteni? These are mostly BA and costs around $200-$400..These are the only IEMs I have tried but I just wanted to ask if HS1650 (even if it is DD) is a huge step up from these IEMs/at least you like HS1650 than them? I'm planning to get a new IEM but it's really hard to find demo of 1650 in our place..

Also, I read that the isolation is so-so. On subways/malls/school/transportation, do you really hear outside noise much when the music is playing?

Oct 13, 2018 at 12:23 PM Post #141 of 220
i have the 1551cu but thinking about getting the 1650 too, is it worth it? there seems to be mixed views regarding this matter as some ppl says its a minor or side grade, while some think that its quite noticeable.....Looking for good bass impact. Forward, clear and airy vocals.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2018 at 3:46 PM Post #142 of 220
i have the 1551cu but thinking about getting the 1650 too, is it worth it? there seems to be mixed views regarding this matter as some ppl says its a minor or side grade, while some think that its quite noticeable.....Looking for good bass impact. Forward, clear and airy vocals.
Maybe get the 1670? or wait for the 1690TI?

Oct 14, 2018 at 8:33 AM Post #143 of 220
Maybe get the 1670? or wait for the 1690TI?

Just tried both of them today. Seems the 1650 is an upgraded version of 1551. It has slightly higher resolution and more extended treble, while the 1670 is more neutral and not as warm and reduced bass. Definitely preffered the 1650 more...but dont think its worth buying if already have a 1551...should have went directly with the 1650.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2018 at 2:09 PM Post #144 of 220
I find JVC FD-01 a better value and more resolving than 1670. Despite the similar design of the 1650 and 1670 I find the former a better buy. It sounds both resolving get with a character however 1670 is too neutral and ideal just for critical listening in which case we have much cheaper option for such a way of listening, er4s and fd01(with the Ti nozzle)comes to mine.

Oct 15, 2018 at 3:01 AM Post #145 of 220
Just got my 1670ss. I love both, to be honest. But for warm and musical iems I already got something that do almost everything better than the 1650cu so I figured I should go with something more neutral instead. The brighter treble made them sound a bit cold but that very last bit of detail in the upper midrange are hard to find even in some of the pricier iems.

Oct 15, 2018 at 4:09 AM Post #146 of 220
Just got my 1670ss. I love both, to be honest. But for warm and musical iems I already got something that do almost everything better than the 1650cu so I figured I should go with something more neutral instead. The brighter treble made them sound a bit cold but that very last bit of detail in the upper midrange are hard to find even in some of the pricier iems.

Can you share which one? I'm searching for something that's warmish but still clear and excellent with vocals .

Oct 15, 2018 at 4:13 AM Post #147 of 220

I love how it is bright but not aggressive at all. It's great that manufacturers are finally finding innovative ways to produce nice and airy trebles instead of simply focusing on bass (my daily rotation had become U18, Fitear EST and the 1670ss, all doing trebles at such a fine level one couldn't even imagine a couple of years ago)

Oct 15, 2018 at 4:24 AM Post #148 of 220
Can you share which one? I'm searching for something that's warmish but still clear and excellent with vocals .

Zeus XR Adel. It's not that warm but I paired it with Plussound Exo Copper cable which add some sweetness to vocal so it's work quite well.

It was much pricer than the 1650 but I believe you can get one at just a grand right now on Massdrop. You won't get Adel module and XR switch but It's still a good deal I think. The bass is kinda lame though when you compare it to the 1650 good dynamic bass but if you looking for clear and excellent vocal you can't get much better than this.

I love how it is bright but not aggressive at all. It's great that manufacturers are finally finding innovative ways to produce nice and airy trebles instead of simply focusing on bass (my daily rotation had become U18, Fitear EST and the 1670ss, all doing trebles at such a fine level one couldn't even imagine a couple of years ago)

I'm a fan of Tia driver treble too. It could be more natural sounding, I suppose, but the amount of air and level of detail are just unreal. I think the 1670ss drew a fine line between detail and naturalness.

Kinda curious about the EST. I saw a lot of them in second-hand shop in Japan which make me wonder why.

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2018 at 5:02 AM Post #149 of 220
Zeus XR Adel. It's not that warm but I paired it with Plussound Exo Copper cable which add some sweetness to vocal so it's work quite well.

It was much pricer than the 1650 but I believe you can get one at just a grand right now on Massdrop. You won't get Adel module and XR switch but It's still a good deal I think. The bass is kinda lame though when you compare it to the 1650 good dynamic bass but if you looking for clear and excellent vocal you can't get much better than this.

thanks .Don't know if I should go custom though because of the tedious process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back