Acoustic Revive RTP-4 power conditioner (power strip)
Apr 2, 2009 at 4:32 AM Post #16 of 34
Hey Patrick,

Glad the RTP-4 is working out for you
wink.gif

~G

Dec 24, 2009 at 11:46 PM Post #17 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Probably because they want to earn some more $$$$...
wink.gif

Sell your RWA system to Patrick, it should solve all the power , digital sound, and design problems
wink.gif

Dec 25, 2009 at 12:08 AM Post #18 of 34
RTP-4 was so good that I have a 2nd one arriving in the mail soon, this one with Schuko outlets, this Euro version is bigger and heavier with more magic dust inside. I will make daisy-chaining experiments too.

Dec 28, 2009 at 9:17 PM Post #19 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
RTP-4 was so good that I have a 2nd one arriving in the mail soon, this one with Schuko outlets, this Euro version is bigger and heavier with more magic dust inside. I will make daisy-chaining experiments too.

Ok, I received my 2nd RTP4 Ultimate, I added it and a Synapses2 power cable into my system. I'm shocked! I didn't know that there would come this huge improvements from daisy chaining another RTP4!!

My reference music sound completely different now, it sounds like there are two tracks playing at the same time, I need to pause the music to find out if there is something else playing on the computer, but it all comes from the same track! That improvement is pretty huge.

Quote:

The difference was huge in my system, it was edgy and digital at first and then it transformed into warm and analog. I didn't expect a little box like this to improve so much, I only wanted a little bit more low-level detail and then my system would have been complete...but now there is too much low-level detail, I can't ever hear it!!

With my 2nd RTP4 I got exactly the same improvements as above. Far more low-level detail than I can hear right now, I need to adapt my ears to it.

Quote:

RTP-4 gives a bigger improvement than a full system wrapped in ERS Paper, it's also prettier.

I got this as well. I very recently fully wrapped my system with ERS Paper and got huge improvements in low-level detail and clarity. Now when I added my 2nd RTP4, the improvement in low-level detail was bigger. However, with ERS Paper I got colder sound and with RTP4 I got warmer sound. ERS Paper + RTP4 match very well together.

Dec 28, 2009 at 10:52 PM Post #20 of 34
Quote:

My reference music sound completely different now, it sounds like there are two tracks playing at the same time, I need to pause the music to find out if there is something else playing on the computer, but it all comes from the same track! That improvement is pretty huge.

What exactly is your reference music? baroque or any of its postmodern variations?

Dec 29, 2009 at 12:01 AM Post #22 of 34
Quote:

This exactly.

I thought so... a very postmodern variation for sure.

Dec 31, 2009 at 6:29 PM Post #23 of 34
When I added another RTP4 + Synapses2 I got a HUGE improvement in low-level detail. But when I removed two stock extension power strips from the path I didn't hear a difference, I was disappointed. These are $3 power strips, I thought I would get an improvement from removing them?

I believe my hearing is worse than the average audiophile. [size=xx-small]When looking back a few years...Nordost Vishnu power cord gave differences but replacing stock wall outlet with PS Audio Power Port didn't give any differences. Hardwiring all cables didn't do anything either (it only gave soreness from doing the horse stance bending behind my rack). AC connectors only gave colorations to me, a cheap Marinco plug sounded more neutral than the warm Wattgate Gold. Oyaide 037 was a perfect match with the veiled Valhalla power cable. But on its own the 037 is harsh. I don't think it's a good idea to spend money on connectors unless you want to color the sound.[/size]

I would like to replace the stock wall outlet with something better but I'm afraid to do so. Maybe I can't hear a difference?

Dec 31, 2009 at 8:50 PM Post #25 of 34
Quote:

l_5ecb2d6246be47f5bdc44e2b92dd97d3.jpg

Looks like your previous Acoustic Revive is being powered by a cheap plastic extension strip??!

That ain't right...

Dec 31, 2009 at 9:45 PM Post #27 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon L /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks like your previous Acoustic Revive is being powered by a cheap plastic extension strip??!

That ain't right...

The RTP-4 isn't just a power strip, it's a power conditioner. Adding it into the path gave HUGE improvements.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeah. you should plug it directly into the wall.

That's what I did and didn't hear a difference.

Quote:

...when I removed two stock extension power strips from the path I didn't hear a difference, I was disappointed. These are $3 power strips

Jan 1, 2010 at 1:17 AM Post #28 of 34
Jan 1, 2010 at 11:35 AM Post #29 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by GuyDebord /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You should finally design a well grounded dedicated circuit(s) for your gear. Nothing at the front grid will be improved by an expensive connector, the acoustic revive's should be plugged to their own special circuit, that is, if what you want is to get it as good as it gets. Thats why the €3 extension paradox makes sense...

I'm using dedicated grounding with 9 RGC-24 Ground Conditioners. The improvement was almost as big as RTP-4 power strip.
I'm already using a dedicated line for my audio system, I have my computer display and air purifier plugged into somewhere else with 15 meters extension strips. If I plug my display into my audio system's AC outlet I get very edgy sound.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GuyDebord /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And try adding some of these to your dedicated circuit(s):

Controlled Power Company
Controlled Power Company

Are those better than PS Audio Premier Power Plant? I used PS Audio Ultimate Outlet and it toned down the brightness to make it smoother. P300 Power Plant toned down the brightness as well and made it very dark and muddy, the poor efficiency (50%?) also added edginess in the process to give fake dynamics. Quintet Power Center didn't do much. Premier Power Plant added more distortion the more components I had plugged into it. I have found that Judge power cable + RTP4 power strips is the best match because the wattage draw doesn't reduce the performance of those power conditioners.

Jan 1, 2010 at 1:38 PM Post #30 of 34
Quote:

Are those better than PS Audio Premier Power Plant? I used PS Audio Ultimate Outlet and it toned down the brightness to make it smoother. P300 Power Plant toned down the brightness as well and made it very dark and muddy, the poor efficiency (50%?) also added edginess in the process to give fake dynamics. Quintet Power Center didn't do much. Premier Power Plant added more distortion the more components I had plugged into it. I have found that Judge power cable + RTP4 power strips is the best match because the wattage draw doesn't reduce the performance of those power conditioners.

I now use a PS audio PPP on a dedicated 20amp circuit and Im very satisfied with it. I tried/owned other conditioners from Isotek (sigmas, titan), Nordost (thor), Shunyata (hydra), HMS Energia, etc., but until today the PPP has been the best I had home.

However, if I had the money and space to recondition with one of those medical grade conditioners I would do it. They are in a league of their own:

The Ultra-K/M has many different features that set it apart from other power conditioners. #1) Low Output Impedance. The Ultra-K/M has a 2% output impedance. This provides higher inrush capability, while delivering a more stable voltage and a lower vTHD during an imaging scan. #2) Line noise and ground noise attenuation. Many power conditioners do not have high levels of ground and line noise attenuation. The Ultra-K/M Power Conditioner is triple shielded, and provides common mode (line to ground) noise attenuation of 146dB, simply the highest in the industry. Factoring in the leakage inductance of the transformer and output filtering, there exists a high level of transverse mode noise attenuation as well: 3dB down at 10kHZ, 40dB down per decade. #3) Isolation. Some voltage regulators do NOT provide isolation. In fact, isolation is critical for the successful installation of medical imaging and treatment equipment. With isolation, a new neutral to ground bond is established, which prevents disruptive and sometimes damaging ground noise. Classified as a newly derived power source, OEM specified Total Load Regulation specifications can be met, and crucial common mode noise attenuation can be accomplished

A crazy audiophile near Brussels uses this medical grade conditioner (another brand) and he swears by it, for my part, impossible to compare, but I think it might be over the top but true....
ph34r.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back