Acoustic Research Mysterious New Audiophile DAP
Feb 24, 2014 at 1:24 PM Post #137 of 215
Actually, after listening to my AR-M1 for over half a year, I can safely say that it is great for most genres of modern music. From Leona Lewis, Celine Dion to RAMMSTEIN. Also, it sounds great with most Opening and Ending songs of those Mangas. As for classical, the AR-M1 sounds a little bit artificial when you listen to pianos. However, the flute sounds more lively and friendly.

Feb 24, 2014 at 1:29 PM Post #138 of 215
If you run your HM 901 with the "balanced output capable" amp module, it sounds better than the AR-M1. However, the AR-M1 definitely beats the HM 901 running stock amp module over driving stablility and output power. The HM 901 has a little bit more of detail over the AR-M1.
Also fyi, the HM 901 also suffers short battery life with the "balanced output capable" amp module. It can only play flac for no more than 5.5 hours. Still, a little bit longer than my AR-M1 running under low impedance mode which struggles to reach about 3.5 to 4 hours.

Sep 30, 2014 at 1:41 PM Post #144 of 215
Hopefully the sound would be much improved and support for 24bit sources and DSD should be added. I have already bought the AK100 Mk2 which IMO is better sounded mostly than the AR-M1, and it has way longer battery life per single charge. It will be hard for me to choose between AK100 II (The third release of improved version of AK100) and AR-M2 then.

Sep 30, 2014 at 5:50 PM Post #145 of 215
Supporting higher bit number source or DSD, it must have external slot'(s) up to 128GB! :)
Recently DAP information, images and spec., will be leaked a couple of month ahead though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back