Acoustic Research M2 Audiophile-Grade Hi-Res Portable
Jan 22, 2019 at 10:05 PM Post #1,443 of 2,161
Picked up the AR-M2 on eBay via Voxx outlet, for around $370. Brand new. Great price, and so far loving it. Have not had a chance to put it through its paces, but on initial listening with EE Phantom, Kumitate Lab Trio, Aeon Flow closed and ie800, I am very happy :) and stoked!!!! Will post pics and hopefully get some real time to listen tomorrow.

Apr 1, 2019 at 11:56 AM Post #1,446 of 2,161
Hi guys... What do you guys think about sq wise ar m2 vs onkyo dpx1a or maybe xdp 300r?

I'm planning to upgrade my dap who can streaming.. And budget wise i think those 3 are in my budget.

Will be appriciate if someone ever tried to compere 3 of those dap. Thanks :)

Apr 1, 2019 at 8:07 PM Post #1,447 of 2,161
ARM2 for sure.. it’s really good even it’s 3.5mm. You don’t have to buy balanced cable. ARM2 can drive headphone as well

Apr 3, 2019 at 2:58 AM Post #1,448 of 2,161
ARM2 for sure.. it’s really good even it’s 3.5mm. You don’t have to buy balanced cable. ARM2 can drive headphone as well

Thanks for the reply bro. I read on earlier post that newer firmware is kinda different rather than stock fw for sq wise.

Can you give sq rate between those two fw?

Ps: I'm planning to buy 2nd hand unit and it got newer firmware.

Apr 8, 2019 at 6:10 AM Post #1,449 of 2,161
I need your help.

After not using AR-M2 during the weekend, the player won't turn on again. Nor is the battery charging LED working when plugged in.
Can anyone suggest a solution?

Thanks

Tom

Apr 8, 2019 at 9:24 AM Post #1,450 of 2,161
I need your help.

After not using AR-M2 during the weekend, the player won't turn on again. Nor is the battery charging LED working when plugged in.
Can anyone suggest a solution?

Thanks

Tom

I don't know if any of these will help but here is what I would try:

- Leave it plugged in for a while to see if it starts charging after a while.

- While plugged in as above, hold down the power button to see if it will restart.

- Plug it into a computer to see if the different power source makes a difference.

Maybe someone can chime in with a reset procedure while plugged in...

Apr 8, 2019 at 10:39 AM Post #1,451 of 2,161
I don't know if any of these will help but here is what I would try:

- Leave it plugged in for a while to see if it starts charging after a while.

- While plugged in as above, hold down the power button to see if it will restart.

- Plug it into a computer to see if the different power source makes a difference.

Maybe someone can chime in with a reset procedure while plugged in...

Thanks for your suggestions. I could solve the issue:

- The player's battery was totally depleted
- I tried charging on a MACBook Pro USB output - to no avail.
- back home I used the regular USB charger - voila - it charged and powered on just fine after a while

I am happy the device worked after all.

Thanks again for your help!

Jun 28, 2019 at 7:46 AM Post #1,454 of 2,161
48145366426_ede284bc8e_t.jpg
Sin título[/url] by Skaja Lee, en Flickr[/IMG] [url=https://flic.kr/p/2gmrA5A]Sin título by Skaja Lee, en Flickr[/URL]

script>
I just confirm the successor of Ar-m2 is developing from marketing manager of Voxx.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2019 at 1:30 PM Post #1,455 of 2,161
If your information is true that is really good news because I really believe that m2 is one of those great sounding daps

Users who are viewing this thread

Back