Acoustic Research M2 Audiophile-Grade Hi-Res Portable
Nov 17, 2018 at 12:45 AM Post #1,366 of 2,161
Has anyone tried to pair AR-M2 with mojo? May i know which cable did you guys used?
I have both and no. I suppose I could try with an OTG cable I have lying around. But why would you want to? AR-M2 is a capable player all by its lonesome.

Nov 17, 2018 at 1:44 AM Post #1,367 of 2,161
The M2 cannot be connected to the Mojo. Mojo is a DAC and only accepts digital signal input via the USB, coaxial or optical port. The M2 only outputs analogue signal via the 3.5mm LO socket. The USB port is only for charging and reading OTG external disk. Soundwise, both are warm sounding machine with a lot emotion in the vocals and extremely musical.

Nov 17, 2018 at 2:03 AM Post #1,368 of 2,161
I need
I have both and no. I suppose I could try with an OTG cable I have lying around. But why would you want to? AR-M2 is a capable player all by its lonesome.

Hi, I’m looking for a DAC to pair up with M2 and little bear B4 tube amp.. do u have any recommended DAC?

Dec 2, 2018 at 2:08 PM Post #1,369 of 2,161
What is the latest firmware version and what is the latest Tidal version working on M2 smoothly?

Edit:

I am asking this for my friend, he is not good at updating such devices. I have read the related posts and it seems when we update to the latest firmware, output level issues between apps will be gone, is that right?

And one more question, if I back up the latest Tidal apk on my phone and copy-paste it to AR-M2 can I install it?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2018 at 7:33 AM Post #1,371 of 2,161
Dec 11, 2018 at 7:46 AM Post #1,372 of 2,161
So good ))
P81211-172929.jpg

Dec 11, 2018 at 9:16 AM Post #1,373 of 2,161
One of the best single ended dap around totally abandoned and forgotten by AR.... Maybe they don't even know the great potential of this dap. What a pity.

Dec 11, 2018 at 10:18 AM Post #1,374 of 2,161
One of the best single ended dap around totally abandoned and forgotten by AR.... Maybe they don't even know the great potential of this dap. What a pity.

I hope they will acknowledge it..

Dec 11, 2018 at 3:01 PM Post #1,375 of 2,161
By the way, does anyone use Deezer Premium on this DAP?

I have used Deezer HiFi (or Premium) on the AR-M2 and it did work very well. Last used a couple of months ago. However, when I saw your query I went it use it again and found the app to be very sluggish and couldn't play a single track thru it. So I uninstalled that version of Deezer (5.xx something) and went to download/install the latest APK (6.xx something) and now cannot install due to 'parsing error'.

I concur. Unfortunately I think the DAP-dedicated user base is smaller than what we'd like to think. I'd like to see AR come out with more firmware improvements/updates for the M2. If AR made an audiophile phone like Onkyo has then I'd be up for that too.

Dec 11, 2018 at 3:06 PM Post #1,376 of 2,161
I have used Deezer HiFi (or Premium) on the AR-M2 and it did work very well. Last used a couple of months ago. However, when I saw your query I went it use it again and found the app to be very sluggish and couldn't play a single track thru it. So I uninstalled that version of Deezer (5.xx something) and went to download/install the latest APK (6.xx something) and now cannot install due to 'parsing error'.

I concur. Unfortunately I think the DAP-dedicated user base is smaller than what we'd like to think. I'd like to see AR come out with more firmware improvements/updates for the M2. If AR made an audiophile phone like Onkyo has then I'd be up for that too.

I have the AR M20 and i am trying to install amazon music prime apk and get parsing error also?

Dec 11, 2018 at 3:31 PM Post #1,377 of 2,161
^
Hmmm....maybe it's a case of newer app/APK not compatible with older Android OS? I have had not any success so far.

Dec 13, 2018 at 9:01 AM Post #1,378 of 2,161
So, just curious for anyone who might have experience - would you still buy this player at $399, especially compared to others (Hiby R6, iBasso DX120, fiio Q5 & phone)?

Right now, i am running a Cowon Plenue 1 stacked with either a Cayin C5 or FIIO E12, feeding a combination of LCD-2 (2018 fazor) and HD650s. I feel like i am happy with the sound, but would love to know if i am missing out anything, and would also like to not have to have a stack (especially for the LCD-2). The class A amp in this guy certainly impresses me, and i love the looks of the device overall, but i am offput by recent comments about it being abandoned and left for dead (so to speak). While i can make it happen, $400 is alot of money for me, and (should i do it at all), i would like to get the most bang for my buck.

And i know people will suggest a desktop setup instead for my cans - unfortunately, I don't have any kind of desk or desktop setup that can accommodate something like that, so a GOOD portable is the most logical solution right now.

Dec 13, 2018 at 9:10 AM Post #1,379 of 2,161
So, just curious for anyone who might have experience - would you still buy this player at $399, especially compared to others (Hiby R6, iBasso DX120, fiio Q5 & phone)?

Right now, i am running a Cowon Plenue 1 stacked with either a Cayin C5 or FIIO E12, feeding a combination of LCD-2 (2018 fazor) and HD650s. I feel like i am happy with the sound, but would love to know if i am missing out anything, and would also like to not have to have a stack (especially for the LCD-2). The class A amp in this guy certainly impresses me, and i love the looks of the device overall, but i am offput by recent comments about it being abandoned and left for dead (so to speak). While i can make it happen, $400 is alot of money for me, and (should i do it at all), i would like to get the most bang for my buck.

And i know people will suggest a desktop setup instead for my cans - unfortunately, I don't have any kind of desk or desktop setup that can accommodate something like that, so a GOOD portable is the most logical solution right now.

If I were you, I would go for Q5. I like the idea of interchangeable amp. So I could use 3.5mm, 2.5mm, 4.4mm and 6.3mm output. But the only downside is it’s portability. DAP is always convenient as it comes with screen etc. But for me, I’ll need to bring 2 devices with me. DAP and phone or Q5 and phone

Dec 13, 2018 at 9:30 AM Post #1,380 of 2,161
If I were you, I would go for Q5. I like the idea of interchangeable amp. So I could use 3.5mm, 2.5mm, 4.4mm and 6.3mm output. But the only downside is it’s portability. DAP is always convenient as it comes with screen etc. But for me, I’ll need to bring 2 devices with me. DAP and phone or Q5 and phone
That is a fair point, i am always attached to my phone anyway, so it is still two devices. That said, not having to stack would be slightly more convenient, though i care most about quality in the end..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back