Acoustic Research M2 Audiophile-Grade Hi-Res Portable
Oct 21, 2018 at 11:29 AM Post #1,351 of 2,161
I am wondering how my Campfire Audio Lyra II would fare on the Acoustic Research ar-m2???

Will there be an issue with the impedance?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Get ifi ie match to fix impedance issue. Works perfectly. :D

Oct 21, 2018 at 1:59 PM Post #1,352 of 2,161
I am wondering how my Campfire Audio Lyra II would fare on the Acoustic Research ar-m2???

Will there be an issue with the impedance?

Thanks in advance for any help.

There is a bit of "white noise" when the AR-M2 is powered on and Lyra plugged in. However it subsides and the audio is clean. No need for IEMatch (which I have) or the like. Lyra II and AR-M2 is currently my favourite combo.

Oct 21, 2018 at 2:32 PM Post #1,355 of 2,161
There is a bit of "white noise" when the AR-M2 is powered on and Lyra plugged in. However it subsides and the audio is clean. No need for IEMatch (which I have) or the like. Lyra II and AR-M2 is currently my favourite combo.

Thanks. I am happy to read that since a lot of reviews state that AR-M2 does not work well with (multiple drivers) IEMs hence the output impedance.

Oct 21, 2018 at 3:54 PM Post #1,356 of 2,161
I'm having a problem with my ar-m2. Whenever I try to resume playing, after pausing music or leaving the player for awhile I get an error message:
Error: setup alsa failed

And I'm then unable to play any tracks either through the ar app, or any other music apps. Same error message, no sound. Unless I restart the device. Which as I pause frequently is making the device unusable. I'm getting pretty annoyed with it to be honest.

Oct 21, 2018 at 4:32 PM Post #1,357 of 2,161
^
Unclear what "alsa" means.

Bad SD card perhaps?

Oct 21, 2018 at 4:43 PM Post #1,359 of 2,161
You could try removing SD card and then resetting AR-M2 to factory default. Then reinstall latest firmware (if needed) and reinsert card.

Oct 21, 2018 at 7:06 PM Post #1,360 of 2,161
AR-M2 has good hardware. But software does not support it. There was one major firmware update. After that, AR-M2 has a new music player app but it is not optimized. Collaboration with UAPP was good, but there was no supplement after that.

I do not know if AR-M3 will be released. But if you have such software update support, you will not expect AR-M3.

I would like to develop major firmware update of AR-M2 and AR-M20 in AR. It is sad that this good product is neglected.

Oct 21, 2018 at 9:09 PM Post #1,361 of 2,161
AR-M2 has good hardware. But software does not support it. There was one major firmware update. After that, AR-M2 has a new music player app but it is not optimized. Collaboration with UAPP was good, but there was no supplement after that.

I do not know if AR-M3 will be released. But if you have such software update support, you will not expect AR-M3.

I would like to develop major firmware update of AR-M2 and AR-M20 in AR. It is sad that this good product is neglected.

Couldn't agree more. It is really sad that this good product has been neglected. I've even chose this over the WM1A. I sincerely hope that Acoustic Research could work on their marketing planning. Develop new software update support, etc., to not only retain the old customers (keeping us satisfied) and to get new customers. Again, Ar-M2 is really really good product which deserves to be raved a lot.

Hope staffs from AR could read this. Please retain your customers.

Oct 22, 2018 at 11:40 AM Post #1,363 of 2,161
You could try removing SD card and then resetting AR-M2 to factory default. Then reinstall latest firmware (if needed) and reinsert card.

I followed the procedure in the order you stated, but the issue immediately returned. I don't know what the problem could be, unless it's the sd card or a hardware fault? Only thing I've noticed is it seems to happen more often when playing a track or album using Tidal, through the ar music player app. If I do it's almost a guarantee the problem will start as soon as I switch track, or stop the track I'm currently on.

I'm using the 256gb version of this sd card by the way. It mentions on the Acoustics reserach product page that the sd card must be (5V 100mA power or lower) however the sd card product page doesn't seem to mention anything about power draw. https://www.toshiba-memory.com/products/toshiba-microsd-cards-high-speed-m203/

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2018 at 9:03 PM Post #1,365 of 2,161
Has anyone tried to pair AR-M2 with mojo? May i know which cable did you guys used?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back