Acoustic Research M2 Audiophile-Grade Hi-Res Portable
Mar 28, 2015 at 3:47 PM Post #108 of 2,161
we need some more comaprisons to known daps like ak240, calyx m, cowon p1

how is the bass, soundstage, is it a warm sound sig

can it drive the audeze lcd2 with authority

if all the above are there then i am really really interested, but i need more comparisons with other daps

Mar 28, 2015 at 5:22 PM Post #109 of 2,161
we need some more comaprisons to known daps like ak240, calyx m, cowon p1

how is the bass, soundstage, is it a warm sound sig

can it drive the audeze lcd2 with authority

if all the above are there then i am really really interested, but i need more comparisons with other daps

I have a review coming up however, I don't have any of the other High end daps available at present. I will do my best to try get hold of any of the ones aforementioned can get the Audeze LCD2 though.

Does anyone on this fourm own any of the other high end daps and could possibly do a comparison or alternatively lend me it so I can add it to the review.

I will say this though the M2 is certainly a very good contender been listening to it for about a week now and I'm staring to fall in love it certainly has enough power, it can drive the Beyerdynamic T90 with about half volume if thats any help at all.   

Apr 4, 2015 at 12:54 AM Post #112 of 2,161
not quite, android even on lollipop doesn't allow high res over usb otg.

Regards

lol. forgot about the high-res part. For shame 
blink.gif

Apr 6, 2015 at 1:59 PM Post #114 of 2,161
Customer just posted a review....take a look if you wish.

http://www.custom-cable.co.uk/acoustic-research-au-m2-portable-music-player.html

unfortunately he was comparing it to low not high end daps like ak240 and his headphones are not high end also

but that does not mean that it wont be great sounding 

really looking forward for a professional review

Apr 6, 2015 at 2:26 PM Post #116 of 2,161
The ak240 is not quite a comparable price.

Just my two cents I actually prefer the AR-M2 over the AK240 heard both but I'm sure others will have their preferences.

I will have my review up once I receive the new unit. Unfortunately, there was a slight issue with static on the first unit so David has sent out a replacement.

Just goes to show the level of customer satisfaction they want though.

Apr 6, 2015 at 2:32 PM Post #117 of 2,161
Just my two cents I actually prefer the AR-M2 over the AK240 heard both but I'm sure others will have their preferences.

I will have my review up once I receive the new unit. Unfortunately, there was a slight issue with static on the first unit so David has sent out a replacement.

Just goes to show the level of customer satisfaction they want though.

in your review tell us how the eq works and how its implementation is on sound as many daps that have eq make sound worse when eq is used

Apr 6, 2015 at 2:34 PM Post #118 of 2,161
The ak240 is not quite a comparable price.

assuming that many feel its over priced so a company that might have a lower price dap might come close to a company the over prices their products

Apr 6, 2015 at 2:43 PM Post #119 of 2,161
I will do my best all I can say so far is my preference is not to mess ha. Not necessarily worse but I wouldn't recommend using the eq unless you need to.

In its defensive I have used it on certain recordings to pull the mids forward a little with very positive results.

Apr 6, 2015 at 2:50 PM Post #120 of 2,161
my concern is also will it have the interest of the company to make firmware updates or not

Users who are viewing this thread

Back