Acoustic Research AR-M200
Dec 17, 2019 at 4:45 AM Post #181 of 204
Equalizer has always been set to "Normal" and I did reset several times.

68 volume was with bluetooth output (I was using Kailuhong S128 bluetooth earbud, which has AptX and is current sold on Amazon for $15.99, havinig a surprisingly good sound with its 10mm driver. But it has channels reversed. I cut the top curved part of the ear tips and put the left bud into my right ear, which even had a better fit)
Then the bluetooth headphone amplifier is responsible for the final gain and volume level.

Mar 22, 2020 at 2:02 AM Post #184 of 204
Hi all,

I have two daps; Dethonray DTR1 and Cayin N5 and a dac/amp; xduoo xp-02. I previously had the shanling m2x which I gave it away to my brother (doesn't suit my sound flavor).

A friend is selling the AR M200 at 50USD, mint condition. Good deal?

Thanks!

Mar 30, 2020 at 11:54 AM Post #188 of 204
It arrived about a week ago. He rarely use it because of the UI and the broken shuffle mode. Hell, the plastic screen cover was still intact!

I launched TagScanner, renamed all track numbers with padding, reduced all art album down to 320x320, sorted the folder/files using DriveSort, checked the firmware, deleted all songs in internal memory, reset the settings, I then load my SD card, she is now working like a charm. Sound quality is good and it is well-tuned.

IMG_20200329_174935.jpg

The only gripe that I have is the non gapless playback. To a certain degree, I felt that there is 'fade-in' like effect :thinking:

May 29, 2020 at 10:39 AM Post #189 of 204
It arrived about a week ago. He rarely use it because of the UI and the broken shuffle mode. Hell, the plastic screen cover was still intact!

I launched TagScanner, renamed all track numbers with padding, reduced all art album down to 320x320, sorted the folder/files using DriveSort, checked the firmware, deleted all songs in internal memory, reset the settings, I then load my SD card, she is now working like a charm. Sound quality is good and it is well-tuned.

IMG_20200329_174935.jpg

The only gripe that I have is the non gapless playback. To a certain degree, I felt that there is 'fade-in' like effect :thinking:
replacing all album art work into 320x320 made all the album art visible on each song?

May 29, 2020 at 11:16 AM Post #190 of 204

IMG_20200329_174935.jpg

how does it compare with your DTR1 sir sound wise? thanks

May 29, 2020 at 11:17 AM Post #191 of 204
does anybody knows where to get ar m200 case like the official one with AR logo. thanks.

Jun 13, 2020 at 7:23 AM Post #193 of 204
how does it compare with your DTR1 sir sound wise? thanks

I have yet to do an A/B test. I am still new in this hobby thought, quickly, I would say that, both SQ are good, with the DTR1 better in that sense, but the AR is no slouch either. What differs, at the top of my head, is that the AR is a tad warmer than the DTR1. If that makes sense.

Jun 13, 2020 at 5:50 PM Post #195 of 204
I have yet to do an A/B test. I am still new in this hobby thought, quickly, I would say that, both SQ are good, with the DTR1 better in that sense, but the AR is no slouch either. What differs, at the top of my head, is that the AR is a tad warmer than the DTR1. If that makes sense.
thanks for the reply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back