Acoustic Research AR-H1 Planar Impressions and Discussion thread
Jan 3, 2022 at 5:07 PM Post #376 of 383
I went to Japan twice last year on business, i cannot find cables for this wonderful headphone , AR-H1. No longer on sale , headphone and cables, i am so sad. How can such wonderful amazing headphone do not succeed in the market. I have several headphones, every time i put it on to listen to vocal. Those amazing vocal. I cry for the amazing creator of this wonderful cans. Commercial flop but i will never sell it, keep it in my collection. Love them.

Jan 3, 2022 at 10:04 PM Post #377 of 383
I went to Japan twice last year on business, i cannot find cables for this wonderful headphone , AR-H1. No longer on sale , headphone and cables, i am so sad. How can such wonderful amazing headphone do not succeed in the market. I have several headphones, every time i put it on to listen to vocal. Those amazing vocal. I cry for the amazing creator of this wonderful cans. Commercial flop but i will never sell it, keep it in my collection. Love them.
Yes, it is a tragedy how VOX abandoned AR. I recently bought some replacement earpads for my AR-H1 and I still enjoy listening to them too.

Jan 5, 2022 at 2:31 AM Post #378 of 383
Yes, it is a tragedy how VOX abandoned AR. I recently bought some replacement earpads for my AR-H1 and I still enjoy listening to them too.
I do not understand why it was not a commercial success. I listen to so many headphones around the price. It is value for the money, superior performance. I want to buy their upgrade cables but it is no longer possible to get. I got to find some good cables in case the one that came with the headphone break.

Jan 5, 2022 at 9:18 AM Post #379 of 383
To be honest, it (AR-H1) was most likely not a success because Tyll from Innerfidelity gave it a bad rap. In addition, the AR-M200 was a bit of a train wreck. The real nail in the coffin for AR was the lack of customer support when people were looking for firmware updates for the DAPs and support for the IEMs/headphones.

Jan 18, 2022 at 1:43 PM Post #382 of 383
I still listen to mine regularly. I did remove the original pads, they were too shallow and uncomfortable for my ears. I put the Shure alcantara pads on it. They were a bit tight to get over the rings that clip to the earcups, but once on they've worked perfectly and didn't seem to impact sound much if at all to my ear. If I recall, since it's been a couple years, you do have to ruin the original pads to get to the clip-on ring. I do wish they would've been more successful for AR, would have been neat to see if they grew and put out other models over time.

Yk6ew7a.jpg

Jan 18, 2022 at 11:56 PM Post #383 of 383

Users who are viewing this thread

Back