1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Acoustic Research AR-H1 Planar Impressions and Discussion thread

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by crabdog, Jul 30, 2017.
First

Back
1 2
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Next

Last
  1. crabdog
    Great to see more people getting this. I might finally have someone to discuss it with :smile:

2. LaCuffia
    Your review was great and got me curious in the first place.

crabdog likes this.
  3. Beagle
    How does it compare to the Oppo PM-1?

4. cskippy
    With their DAP and my phone I liked it more than the PMx2 for my tastes. PM1 is supposed to be warmer and darker than PMx2 I believe. The AR-H1 is definitely brighter and MIGHT be too bright paired with a bright DAC and amp.

5. strawed
  6. LaCuffia
    I wish the dude in the video would have taken the headphone off of his neck for a second to show them...

George Taylor and ToroFiestaSol like this.
  7. Amouage
    Was there any word on pricing for these yet?

8. ToroFiestaSol
    Yeah, fully agree
    Also, it's kinda surprising that the guy didn't know Tyll (the do you have a measurement rig question).

9. ToroFiestaSol
    $599/699€

10. Amouage
    Oh wow, seeing alot of things pop up in this price range now. Its nice that everyone is becoming more friendly with pricing. Thanks

ToroFiestaSol likes this.
  11. Beagle
    Thanks. Don't think I'd want brighter than the PM-1.

12. cskippy
    Honestly I'm just basing it compared to the PMx2 which is modded so take it with a grain of salt. Once I get my own pair on my own system and get critical listening I can give better impressions and measurements.

Beagle likes this.
  13. starence
    Has anyone with a big head tried these bad boys? Most headphones I've encountered are a little too small for me, so it's the first thing I wonder about with new cans.

14. Amouage
    They look like they would fit okay, clamping force might be an issue though.

15. conquerator2
    Why, that $ - € conversion doesn't make any sense!

First

Back
1 2
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Next

Last