1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Acoustic Research AR-H1 Planar Impressions and Discussion thread

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by crabdog, Jul 30, 2017.
First

Back
3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
Next

Last
  1. FredA
    I found both headset at basically the same price landed. So i am leaning towards the ar-h1 for built quality (and the match with my amp).

Level5 likes this.
  2. FredA
    Order placed. 566usd shipped. The best price for the he560 was 50usd cheaper or so. If you buy in the us, it's free shipping, so just 510usd. I'm in Canada.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
    Level5 likes this.
  3. Beagle
    I have the Oppo PM1 so I assume I don't need these.

4. Level5
    I do listen to random old classic jazz/acoustic/piano playlist on Tidal from time to time.

With those genre, the AR-H1 excels really well at and wont disappoint on all that you mentioned, but I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with the IMPACT these brings!

Regarding the treble, I'm coming from a stock HD800 and to me its smoother (duh! :grin:) yet it extends enough that its not fatiguing/sibilant unlike the HE560 which needs a pads swap to tame it a tad.

FredA likes this.
  5. Level5
    Wasn't able to do a comparison with other headphones this week like I promised due to short on time and holiday traveling. BUT I did acquire some new dac and tube amp to play with in a few days. (see my profile for details)

I'll make sure to chime in if those pairs well with the AR-H1!

6. sawindra
    [​IMG]

FredA likes this.
  7. cskippy
    Nice! That is how I heard the combo at RMAF and was really impressed. They seemed to synergize really well.

8. sawindra
    I listen a lot to chamber music and the AR-H1 does a good job recreating tone and space.

9. crabdog
    I would be inclined to believe the above. I mentioned in my review that the H1 pairs exceptionally well with the AR-M20 so I imagine the M2 would be even better.

10. FredA
  11. Beagle
    The reviewer says in the comments "they had less of weighty end as compared to the PM-3" but then indicated "I did review the PM-2 while it was still in production... my memory of its sound characteristics are a bit rough, but I my gut is telling me that the AR-H1 has a slightly better low end".

I'm a tad confused here..

12. FastAndClean
    why? less bass than pm3 in quantity and better bass quality than pm2

13. Beagle
    Less bass than PM3? Would be non-existant.

trellus likes this.
  14. FastAndClean
    pm3 is very tricky to achieve good seal, if you don't have good seal they sound neutral or bass light, but if you have good seal they have boost in the bass, not much, probably 3db under 200 hz, i think that is the reason why the impressions of the bass on pm3 can vary

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
First

Back
3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
Next

Last