Aclear Porta NXT-2AK Review. Improve your audio quality without a Battery!
Dec 7, 2014 at 12:01 AM Post #3 of 47
I was thinking of getting the AClear Porta NXT-1 since I dont own any balance DAP, would it offer the same sonic improvement?

Dec 7, 2014 at 12:09 AM Post #4 of 47
Thx for your reply :)
Yes, the ratio of improvement might even be higher with non-balance system as balance system already has a pretty clear signal. I tried my aclear porta NXT-2AK with my cellphone and PC. The feeling of improvement is a bit greater then on ak240 (balance).

Dec 13, 2014 at 3:56 AM Post #5 of 47
When I was in Tokyo, the guys from Nakamura gave me an NXT-2AK with the balanced cable to report on. I've given it a go with a few different devices with differing results. Primarily the difference in sound seems to be a darker background with a more precise centre image, though it is hard to say definitively whether or not this is really the soundstage narrowing a bit. Usefully though, the input can be balanced or unbalanced, as well as the output, so plug-and-play with anything is very straight-forward.

It's rather expensive though, at $450 equivalent. The one person I came across with it in their rig had an AK240 and Hugo!

Dec 28, 2014 at 3:46 AM Post #6 of 47
FYI I've added the NTX-2AK to the Head Gear section if anyone wants to add it to lists or review it. 

http://www.head-fi.org/products/nakamura-aclear-porta-nxt-2ak

Feb 10, 2015 at 5:15 AM Post #8 of 47
I agree with Currawong that it is gear-dependent. With the Calyx M, I love the NXT-2AK driving the Lab 1 but prefer to listen without the NXT-2AK driving my other IEMs. 

Nonetheless, since the Lab 1 is my favourite IEM, it is worth the price of admission for me.

Mar 11, 2015 at 2:20 PM Post #9 of 47
  I agree with Currawong that it is gear-dependent. With the Calyx M, I love the NXT-2AK driving the Lab 1 but prefer to listen without the NXT-2AK driving my other IEMs. 

Nonetheless, since the Lab 1 is my favourite IEM, it is worth the price of admission for me.

I totally agreed with you. i tried JH Layla , JH 11 and other IEM but still Lab 1 is the perfect match with Calyx M + NTX-2AK.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 27, 2015 at 8:39 AM Post #10 of 47
Is it an obvious risk to connect Hugo's single-ended output and the single-ended input of AClear Porta first, and then connect a pair of balanced headphones into the 2.5-mm balanced input of AClear Porta afterwards?

In other words, am I frying anything when I'm converting single-ended to balanced by Aclear Porta? Some portable amps such as The Intruder or Rx Mk3-B could handle such conversion but they didn't seem to mention something specific like that

http://ns-t.com/products/trans/nsit52.html

Jun 6, 2015 at 5:28 AM Post #12 of 47
I have asked @DimitriTrush whether he can organize this product for overseas folks. I hope he will let us know what he can do. He has always helped me get the Japanese gear I want so trying my luck once again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back