Ack! I baked a cake and I might have screwed it up...
Mar 11, 2006 at 7:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

philodox

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey all,

I am baking a cake for the first time today for my Wife's 25th B-Day. I realized after it was already in the oven that it said to flour the pan lightly after greasing it with shortening... I did not flour the pan.
frown.gif

Is it going to be ruined? Any tips?

Thanks,

Jay
340smile.gif

Mar 11, 2006 at 7:12 PM Post #2 of 20
The ending there made me laugh really hard.

I think you should start all over and not deal with trying to fix it because i get the feeling the second one will come out much better.How much time do you got and do you have any to start all over?

Mar 11, 2006 at 7:14 PM Post #3 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabe Logan
I think you should start all over and not deal with trying to fix it because i get the feeling the second one will come out much better.How much time do you got and do you have any to start all over?

Well... if its going to just be hard to get out of the pan, I think I can just put icing over it and cope... but if it is going to ruin the cake I will definately want to start over.

If I start over I will need to go get more supplies from the store though... I have a fair amount of time, its 2:14PM and she is getting back around 5PM.

Mar 11, 2006 at 7:21 PM Post #7 of 20
LOL

Well, I am going to wait and see how this one turns out... if anything I can cover up my mistake with icing. And I should probably still have time to bake a second one if the worst happens.

Mar 11, 2006 at 7:48 PM Post #9 of 20
Well, it turned out great in the end... didn't even stick. Just letting it cool off now before I put on the icing.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 11, 2006 at 7:49 PM Post #10 of 20
Oooh, can't wait to hear the end of this story........

i'm keeping my fingers crossed for you
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

Edit: damn, answered too slow, but i'm glad for you that the cake was ok.!

Mar 11, 2006 at 8:00 PM Post #12 of 20
nice work!

I tried this for our anniversary last month... I ended up scrapping my first attempt but succeeding fantastically on the 2nd
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 11, 2006 at 9:43 PM Post #15 of 20
Its hard not to eat this cake now... only 15-30 min to go.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back