Acid Bath
Sep 15, 2009 at 10:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

dspang

100+ Head-Fier
Just rediscovered When The Kite String Pops and Paegan Terrorism Tactics in my cd collection. Forgot how amazing this band was with a blend of death, southern sludge/rock. The singer has such a great voice. Also they had some of the more demented lyrics when they were around.

Sep 16, 2009 at 2:48 PM Post #2 of 5
Absolutely love the band. "Scream of the Butterfly" is one of my favourite songs.

Although very different from his Acid Bath work singer Dax Riggs' solo material is excellent. Check it out.

Sep 17, 2009 at 2:02 AM Post #3 of 5
Definitely will. I have yet to hear Agents of Oblivion. I definitely need to seek that one out. Scream of the Butterfly is one of my faves too. Love the acoustic guitar sound in it. Venus Blue is a pretty wicked song also.

Sep 24, 2009 at 3:15 PM Post #4 of 5
The New Orleans area had a very unusual burst of creativity in the early/mid 90's with Acid Bath, Eye Hate God, Down, Exhorder, Crowbar, etc. that sadly really didn't sustain itself. Lots of great music came out at that time though.

Sep 24, 2009 at 11:54 PM Post #5 of 5
Great band, I was wondering whatever happened to them.
Became a fan after hearing the blue velvet/clockwork orange samples in "cassie eats cockroaches". Looking it up, turns out that Goatwhore has a former member, gonna have to check out Agents of Oblivion too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back