Achmedisdead... is in fact...
Jun 3, 2014 at 8:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 55
Guys, I'm pretty messed up (and absolutely crushed) to let you know that our friend Randy - a.k.a. Achmedisdead - has passed away.  He suffered a stroke yesterday afternoon, and well, he's in a way better place now.  Like tds101, I had always hoped that I'd get to meet him at a meet one day.  I always thought that there would be plenty of time.  I was wrong.

I'm sure his family would be comforted to receive condolences here.  And of course, please feel free to share any great or funny stories y'all might have as we celebrate what he meant to us.

Randy (or Archimedes as I called him), we're all going to miss you bro.  Our loss bro, our loss for sure. 
frown.gif

Jun 3, 2014 at 8:56 PM Post #3 of 55
Enjoyed crossing his path inside the TMAC thread. Can anyone share what type of music he liked? Would like to spin something this week in remembrance.

Thanks warrenpchi for the special touch.

Jun 3, 2014 at 9:01 PM Post #4 of 55
I got this message from Trolldragon and passed it onto Warren IMMEDIATELY
(I'm still in SoCal w/ him)

and I was crushed to hear this...

I will miss you too bro,
and, whatever wonderful music you're hearing in heaven right now...

we're ALL HERE listening with and for you!

Sad news

but lets remember to Celebrate his LIFE

RIP

and thanks for all the Support brother

Jun 3, 2014 at 9:03 PM Post #5 of 55
I had plans to meet him this summer, with my family, when we took vacation. I just spoke to him a few days ago. He was/is a great guy. Quite intelligent, witty, and became quite knowledgeable in quite a few areas of portable audio, budgetphile hp's, Android (a favorite subject of ours) and iOS.

I'll miss him, and I'm proud to say he was a friend. I spoke briefly with his sister, and she's just as warm and friendly as Randy. Rest in peace brother. My condolences to his family as well.

And to all here, I know he loved Head-Fi, and he liked the great company you all are. This is a wonderful family we have. Try to meet each other and further the friendships - time is fleeting and we never know what tomorrow may bring.

Bless you all.

tds101, Doug

Jun 3, 2014 at 9:05 PM Post #6 of 55
My condolenses to him as well.

I saw him around here and there and always got a kick out of his username and profile pic. 

It is a hard fact of life, and it is with heavy heart that I hear news of his demise.

Achmed may be 'dead', but his presense and legacy are forever left in all of our hearts, memories, and in the threads he posted in.

Jun 3, 2014 at 9:09 PM Post #7 of 55
Shocked and saddened - thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

Randy was definitely one of the genuine good guys.  Great sense of humour, and didn't seem to ever get ruffled.  He helped me a lot when I was new to the forum.  RIP Randy.

Jun 3, 2014 at 9:10 PM Post #8 of 55
Here are a few words from the TMAC thread (which is undergoing a 24 hour period of silence for one of its own):

I just found out that my friend Randy - you all know him as Achmedisdead - had a stroke yesterday afternoon. He passed away,... I never had the pleasure of meeting up with him. Now I never will. I'll miss talking to you bro. Rest In Peace.

His sister informed us today on anything but iPod.

Originally Posted by tds101 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just found out that my friend Randy - you all know him as Achmedisdead - had a stroke yesterday afternoon. He passed away,... I never had the pleasure of meeting up with him. Now I never will. I'll miss talking to you bro. Rest In Peace.

His sister informed us today on anything but iPod.

Originally Posted by MrEleventy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's a bummer.
frown.gif
So sad to hear...

Originally Posted by TrollDragon /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wow... Very, very sorry to hear that, pass my condolences onto friends and family.

Originally Posted by tds101 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I will. He was a really great person.

Originally Posted by TrollDragon /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks, I've only had brief conversations with him here on HF and from those he did seem to me to be a top notch guy.

Originally Posted by AHorseNamedJeff /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm very sorry to hear that, his presence on the forums will be greatly missed, but im sure not as strongly as those who knew him in person. My condolences..

Originally Posted by billybob_jcv /img/forum/go_quote.gif

He was definitely one of the good ones.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Silent One /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Can't recall what music he enjoyed. And what type of beverage brought a smile. But will dedicate a listening session to him later this week and will 'neak in one of his songs and a glass of French bubbly.

Cheers and may he rest in peace!

Originally Posted by Silent One /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am saddened. It's great that he had a friend in you that could speak for him online and let others know. What kind of music did he dig?

Originally Posted by Argyris /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh my god. I had no idea. We had so much fun here in TMAC (and elsewhere on the site). He was one of the original crowd here, and one of the first ones I talked to when I joined the thread. I'm not really sure what to say--I've never lost a forum friend before. My thoughts go out to his family and all who knew him, and I deeply regret I never got to meet him in person. 
frown.gif

Originally Posted by H20Fidelity /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh god no, that's absolutely terrible news, he was a great member, I'd speak to him via PM and joke around in the threads. I'm really shocked. I remember seeing him around when I was an observer before joining. :'(

Originally Posted by lee730 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What a shame. He was a funny character. At first I was thinking this was a joke (his name). Sadly that is not the case...
frown.gif

Jun 3, 2014 at 9:13 PM Post #9 of 55
Been a week of bad news. I lost a great employee over the weekend to a motorcycle wreck, and now this shocking news of a young man passing just saddens me so much.

Our condolences to his family, may they find some solace in our words.

Jun 3, 2014 at 9:17 PM Post #10 of 55
I would like to offer Randy's family and friends my deepest and most sincere condolences.

I never met him personally just through personal messages and on the threads. He was a staunch supporter in the Sansa, S500, and Ultrasone threads, he even helped me get the *Budget-Fi* thread off the ground with lots of pictures of great gear.

Sadly he will be missed around here and it is so tragic when someone is taken from us early and without warning.

Rest in peace and god bless.
Charles

Jun 3, 2014 at 9:59 PM Post #12 of 55
Wow, this is terrible news. Sincere condolences to his family. 

He was such a great contributor to the forums and such a cool guy and I'll miss him.

I think at the next meet I shall have to raise a toast to Randy for all the joy he brought everyone.

Jun 3, 2014 at 10:20 PM Post #13 of 55
I hope I speak for us all when I say I'll miss him. He was quite a funny chap and brightened my day with his humor. He will be sorely missed. Goodbye Randy.

Jun 3, 2014 at 11:00 PM Post #15 of 55
One of the greatest guys on Head-Fi, and a constant contributor to a number of my favorite long-running threads in the Member's Lounge. Always a keen, reasonable voice and a great sense of humor. I'm disappointed I never was able to meet Randy in person, and, like everyone else, I offer my deepest condolences to his close friends and family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back