Accutone Technology Mega-Thread
Jun 12, 2017 at 9:24 PM Post #31 of 53
I found this, but without any additional information.

19104869_1108594532604132_173821558_o.jpg

Jun 12, 2017 at 9:32 PM Post #32 of 53
They've got two new models in the Studio S1 and Studio S2.

S1: https://www.audio.accutone.com/studio-s1 (199 USD)

S2: https://www.audio.accutone.com/studio-s2 (339 USD)

S1 uses a single 8mm beryllium-coated dynamic. S1 is a hybrid; 10mm and Knowles WBFK. Seems like they're not going with a proprietary MMCX this time around which is nice. Once I've finished my Vega review I'm going to inquire about the Studio models and see if they can share info on signature, etc. At the prices they're going for they better offer up some seriously good sound quality and improve signature consistency (S2 in particular) than what we saw on the Pisces BA. I love my Pisces BA, but seeing the great variation in measurements from unit to unit was disconcerting.

Jun 14, 2017 at 3:57 AM Post #33 of 53
I'm at the tail end of recovery, and I too will soon be publishing a Vega review. I'll be inquiring about these as well, as I'm very intersted to see what Accutone is doing in the IEM space. I've heard what they can do with the Pisces BA, and I'm really down to see if they can nail quality control on these.

Jun 14, 2017 at 10:40 PM Post #34 of 53
Jun 15, 2017 at 6:03 AM Post #35 of 53
I've asked about the S1 and S2, should hopefully get one or both to review with their next production run, they are hand made so don't currently have any stock for reviews. I believe end of July is the time frame they gave me :)

They look very neat and it will be interesting to see how they sound, as they look more professional.

Aug 3, 2017 at 4:58 PM Post #38 of 53
Similarities? Haha! That's an understatement. Wonder if the sound tuning is any different and if the BOHM has better battery/charging performance? Battery perf is my only major complaint about the Vega. They're really nice to use otherwise.

altec_lansing_freedom_wireless.jpg

Upon my further research,it turns out even Altec lansing introduced their Freedom earbuds which were also a rebranded BOHM S10 :beyersmile:

https://www.amazon.com/Altec-Lansing-Wireless-Earbuds-Black/dp/B01IPSWQV4

if the BOHM has better battery/charging performance?

Battery life is pretty much the same.Bohm claims it to be 2.5 hours working time.

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2017 at 5:11 PM Post #40 of 53
That's actually a good sign imo. Altec Lansing's gear in my experience has always been pretty solid. Loved my old 2.1 system of theirs from back in my university days.

Well i'm sure if companies decide to purchase rights to a product and rebrand it then it must be a good product to begin with.Similarly how QCY Q29 has been rebranded by many companies including soundpeats.Which is a pretty good wireless earbud in it's respective price range.So yes you're right,it is indeed a good sign.

Aug 7, 2017 at 6:46 PM Post #41 of 53
Looking forward to seeing you back in action @Cinder

In the meantime, here is my take on the Vega; https://www.head-fi.org/f/showcase/accutone-vega.22468/reviews#review-18743

Quick summary; Stellar build, comfort, connection quality, and especially sound quality. Battery life will be their Achilles heel unfortunately.

My Vega must have been defective, it sounded like literal garbage. Oh well.

And thank you, it's good to be back, though life is preventing me from being as active as I was before. I have also reached out for a S1 and S2. I'll get one from the first batch of shipments that go out from the next production run. I am very heavily anticipating them, and Accutone is expecting heavy scrutiny from me. I have been assured though that I'll be happy with it, so we'll see where this goes.

Oct 6, 2017 at 5:00 PM Post #45 of 53
I finally got a reply to my email, S2 should be on it's way to me shortly and S1 is currently out of stock (but they will send it once back in stock).

Really looking forward to seeing how these sound :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back