Accuphase Just Love It
Jan 22, 2010 at 1:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

Albinoni

500+ Head-Fier
I went to a Hi Fi shop today with a friend of mine (didnt buy anything) but had a look at some solid beautiful Accuphase equipment and wow I will admit these are a very nice audio equipment indeed, very well built, solid, looks sensational, and to say they least it would have to be one of my fav Japanese made hi fi equipment, though the price tag was hefty !!

Never heard an Accuphase though.

Jan 22, 2010 at 4:05 PM Post #2 of 19
Accuphase was/is called the "Japanese McIntosh". Good stuff, have never heard myself. I have heard McIntosh, and if it is similar its good.

Jan 22, 2010 at 4:36 PM Post #3 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bones13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Accuphase was/is called the "Japanese McIntosh". Good stuff, have never heard myself. I have heard McIntosh, and if it is similar its good.

Quite interesting how would you compare Accuphase to Luxman ? Both are very good IMO

Jan 23, 2010 at 4:34 PM Post #4 of 19
All Accuphase gear is top quality, near best of class. The same cannot be said for Luxman, especially since being acquired by Alpine in 1984. Lately, since being spun off from Alpine in early 2000s Lux is getting more consistent. In the mid - late 80s and all through the 90s, however, they made a lot of crap along with the good.

Jan 23, 2010 at 7:08 PM Post #5 of 19
Top Accuphase has the best digital playback I have heard, beyond dcs, meitner, wadia and others. Their reference amps are also on the top, but FM Acoustics and Soulution have impressed me more. There is no question that Accuphase is very serious gear.

Jan 23, 2010 at 7:32 PM Post #6 of 19
Love Accuphase. If I wasn't a died-in-the-wool McIntosh fan, Accuphase would be at the top of my list for putting together a great sounding AND great looking high-end system.

Jan 23, 2010 at 8:38 PM Post #7 of 19
I'd be very happy with either Accuphase or McIntosh top of line gear. They also hold value very well. If buy used almost you don't lose money on resale.

Jan 24, 2010 at 5:23 AM Post #10 of 19
I had the opportunity to see and hear various pieces of Accuphase gear at last year's 2009 RMAF. The sound was stunning, despite the less than perfect acoustics of the rooms.

Pictures do not do it justice. The build quality of the DP-700 borders on obsessive; as it should given its price.

Jan 24, 2010 at 10:59 AM Post #11 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Seamaster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd be very happy with either Accuphase or McIntosh top of line gear. They also hold value very well. If buy used almost you don't lose money on resale.

IMO, Accuphase is in a league beyond McIntosh. I have never heard any piece of Mc gear that has impressed me, they look good, but I would choose many others first.

Jan 24, 2010 at 1:54 PM Post #13 of 19
Accuphase is indeed great stuff, I have owned many of their units over the year including most of their flagship amps and single box CD players (M-8000's, M-2000's, A-50V's, DP-700, DP-78, DP-77, DP-75V, DP-75). Also had plenty of McIntosh in secondary systems and played with plenty of Luxman.

Accuphase is in a totally different league then the Mac or the Luxman in terms of construction, build, and sonics. Also, when it comes to their digital players and big amps, they are at or near the top of the heap. I have also owned plenty of Boulder and while the 2000 Series is significantly better, the 1000 Series gets it's butt handed to it by the big Accphase stuff. That is saying quite a lot as Boulder is a benchmark by any standard.

I have used Accuphase with both Focal speakers and MBL 101D's and E's with great synergy.

The E-530 Class A integrated amp mention by Alvin above and it's replacements (E-550/E560) are without question the best integrated amps I have EVER heard and simply amazing.

For people into tuners, the T-1000 is an amazing experience and a perfect blend of analog tuning stages with a very unique method of deriving a digital output allowing it to be used with a mega-buck DAC. While a almost a contradiction of terms in the tuner world, a T-1000 driving a Boulder 2020 DAC is a religious experience in the world of analog tuners.

Go Accuphase!

Jan 24, 2010 at 2:14 PM Post #14 of 19
Is it true the person who founded Accuphase was an ex worker or engineer from Kenwood? He left Kenwood and opened up his own business and called it Accuphase.

Also is Accuphase and Kenwood a complete different company ?

Jan 24, 2010 at 2:52 PM Post #15 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Albinoni /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is it true the person who founded Accuphase was an ex worker or engineer from Kenwood? He left Kenwood and opened up his own business and called it Accuphase.

Also is Accuphase and Kenwood a complete different company ?

Yes to all the above. Wikipedia is your friend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back