Abyss Phi & Susvara vs. HE-6 tonality
Jan 20, 2018 at 1:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

gonzalo1004es

100+ Head-Fier
Hi!

For those who've been able to audition these three (no way to audition Abyss and Susvara in my country...), which one has a closer sound signature to the HE-6? I'm looking to upgrade and I'm searching for something in HE-6's tonality, which I love:)

Thanks in advance!

Jan 21, 2018 at 5:54 AM Post #2 of 13
umh... IMHO both Susvara and Abyss are really very far from HE6 in terms of sound sig ......
disclaimer: I have extensively listened to the old 1266, never listened to Phi, so take the above with some caution

IMHO the closest sound sig to the HE6 amongst the cans I have / have listened to is the Utopia, but IMHO they play in different league in terms of overall sound quality

Jan 21, 2018 at 8:46 AM Post #3 of 13
umh... IMHO both Susvara and Abyss are really very far from HE6 in terms of sound sig ......
disclaimer: I have extensively listened to the old 1266, never listened to Phi, so take the above with some caution

IMHO the closest sound sig to the HE6 amongst the cans I have / have listened to is the Utopia, but IMHO they play in different league in terms of overall sound quality
Thanks! I was hoping that one of them could be similar to the HE-6

Jan 21, 2018 at 11:57 AM Post #4 of 13
I thought the original AB-1266 was the most similar headphone to the HE6 I've heard, but better. (The HE500 is also very similar to the HE6, but worse.)

I haven't heard the Phi, SUSVARA, or Utopia, though. The Elear is very far from the HE6 in sound signature.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2022 at 3:09 PM Post #6 of 13
Hi!

For those who've been able to audition these three (no way to audition Abyss and Susvara in my country...), which one has a closer sound signature to the HE-6? I'm looking to upgrade and I'm searching for something in HE-6's tonality, which I love:)

Thanks in advance!
So I have both headphones. I love them both. Moon Audio Silver Dragon cable on Abyss, Black Dragon for Susvara. I have the HiFiman EF 1000 amp. First it goes through Chord M Scaler (linear power supply) then to Denapfrips Terminator Plus. Also have a Chord Qutest (linear power supply) I listen to at times in same set up. Susvara is better at everything except bass. They have a 3 D holographic sound with the EF1000. Highs are better to me. More crips and natural. Mids are forward but better too imo. Still I find myself reaching for the Abyss more. I just love the punch and impact they have. So I’d have to go Abyss if had to choose one. Luckily I can afford both and listen to both a lot.

Jul 26, 2022 at 3:15 PM Post #7 of 13
Hi!

Thanks in advance!
So I have both headphones. I love them both. Moon Audio Silver Dragon cable on Abyss, Black Dragon for Susvara. I have the HiFiman EF 1000 amp. First it goes through Chord M Scaler (linear power supply) then to Denapfrips Terminator Plus. Also have a Chord Qutest (linear power supply) I listen to at times in same set up. Susvara is better at everything except bass. They have a 3 D holographic sound with the EF1000. Highs are better to me. More crips and natural. Mids are forward but better too imo. Still I find myself reaching for the Abyss more. I just love the punch and impact they have. So I’d have to go Abyss if had to choose one. Luckily I can afford both and listen to both a lot.

Jul 27, 2022 at 4:38 AM Post #9 of 13
Thanks, it’s been a long time since I created this thread, in the menawhile I bought Abyss Phi CC and did not really like them (I ended up selling them). I am now settled with Susvaras and love them!

Jul 27, 2022 at 7:52 AM Post #10 of 13

Attachments

• 258D1F52-A221-47B1-BA40-AC9A8132B34E.jpeg
    258D1F52-A221-47B1-BA40-AC9A8132B34E.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Jul 27, 2022 at 7:54 AM Post #11 of 13
Thanks, it’s been a long time since I created this thread, in the menawhile I bought Abyss Phi CC and did not really like them (I ended up selling them). I am now settled with Susvaras and love them!
I didn’t like them at first either. I still don’t think their sound stage is as good as Susvara but it’s a good sound stage. The highs especially were bit dark for me personally. The Silver dragon cable helped Abyss a lot in that department. I do love the Susvara though. If they had more punch to them they would be perfect.

Jul 27, 2022 at 7:02 PM Post #12 of 13
I still have my HE-6, which was for the longest time my favourite headphone. Now have the Abyss Phi TC, I've not heard the Susvara but given the Abyss has that bass slam I can't imagine I'd find the Susvara to sound more similar.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2023 at 8:07 AM Post #13 of 13
abyss = better bass
susvara = better mids
he6 = never heard or tried

overall package preference of mine = abyss

Users who are viewing this thread

Back