Absolute best budget earbuds?
Nov 12, 2018 at 12:58 PM Post #2,491 of 2,999
I'm surprised how cheap they are. The T2s were around the same price for 11.11, but that's the extent from what I've seen.
Which T2s are you refering to? If it's the Tin Audio T2, I could not get them for 11.11 under $28 when the Memt T5 was available for $21. Also, both the Tin Audio T2 and the Einsear T2 are IEMs and not 'pod' style earbuds.

Nov 13, 2018 at 6:25 AM Post #2,492 of 2,999
Nov 13, 2018 at 9:35 AM Post #2,493 of 2,999
hi
been ages since i read this thread :p
im looking for an earbud for under 50 usd any recommendations ?
whats good for vocal/mids nowdays? best for the buck earbud ?

i listen to asian pop,, anime music, ballad and vocal music.
will use it with my sansa clip+ but i think i would buy shanling m0 or ap80 soon.

a quick read seems like ry4s and faaeal datura x seems popular ?
how are they for my needs? which one is better ? or do u guys recommend something else ?

anything that have hifiman he-500 mids/vocal out there ? :grin:
NiceHCK EB-2 very nice
P81113-153145-001.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2018 at 2:51 PM Post #2,494 of 2,999
There is something weird about the way that RY4S present mid range. Yes, you can pick up a ton of details with ease and everything is vibrant and energetic, but that is the problem (for me). The entire mid range seems to be normalised, everything is pushed up and thrown in your face, while drums for example are pushed slightly back in order to achieve this flashy effect.

There is a reason why backing vocals are called backing and why artists, producers and engineers put some background sounds and effects here and there. Some songs that I know my entire life sound different with RY4S and it's not easy to digest.

Nov 30, 2018 at 1:26 PM Post #2,495 of 2,999
There is something weird about the way that RY4S present mid range. Yes, you can pick up a ton of details with ease and everything is vibrant and energetic, but that is the problem (for me). The entire mid range seems to be normalised, everything is pushed up and thrown in your face, while drums for example are pushed slightly back in order to achieve this flashy effect.

There is a reason why backing vocals are called backing and why artists, producers and engineers put some background sounds and effects here and there. Some songs that I know my entire life sound different with RY4S and it's not easy to digest.

Are you referring to the UE version?

Nov 30, 2018 at 6:26 PM Post #2,496 of 2,999

The ry4s is like the vido on steroids .

Dec 5, 2018 at 7:44 PM Post #2,498 of 2,999
No, these are ordinary $4 red RY4S with reddish cable. I use them for YouTube at my office and for podcasts while commuting and they are fine for that.

In terms of SQ, they are clearly behind EMX500s and Snow Lotus 1.0+

It would be interesting to get your take on the UE model and how they compare to your red ones.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2018 at 4:28 AM Post #2,500 of 2,999
I have never done any review before so this will be my first short reviews and comparison.

Freq Chart:

Lows : PT15<EB2<RY4S

Mid : RY4S<PT15<EB2

High : RY4S=EB2<PT15

Imaging : PT15=EB2<RY4S

Soundstage : RY4S<PT15<EB2

Detail : PT15=RY4S<EB2

Short Review/Comparison:

PT15 is a good earbud for that price point but yes you can get better sounding ones at this price, what really puts these apart is the build quality and removable cable which seems better than RY4S, sometimes it gets a little sibilant but it's not that noticeable, bass doesn't have that rumble but is fine unless you're not a basshead.

RY4S seems like V shaped earbud, it has a good rumble in lows and the higs are also somewhat good without any sibilant, but vocals do lack that thickness, the best thing about these is the imaging, the positioning is really good on these while the soundstage is average. No complains on the build quality, UE wire is nice too.

EB2 is somewhat a mid centric earbud, the soundstage is biggggg, imaging is fine, lows don't rumble like RY4S but feels tight and punchy, mids are present af, vocals sound amazing and highs have a good amount of detail no sibilance whatsoever, build quality is good too, time will tell about the wire.

All the listening was done without any burn in and with stock foams, on Fiio Q1 mark ii.

Dec 7, 2018 at 5:56 AM Post #2,501 of 2,999
I have never done any review before so this will be my first short reviews and comparison.

Freq Chart:

Lows : PT15<EB2<RY4S

Mid : RY4S<PT15<EB2

High : RY4S=EB2<PT15

Imaging : PT15=EB2<RY4S

Soundstage : RY4S<PT15<EB2

Detail : PT15=RY4S<EB2

Short Review/Comparison:

PT15 is a good earbud for that price point but yes you can get better sounding ones at this price, what really puts these apart is the build quality and removable cable which seems better than RY4S, sometimes it gets a little sibilant but it's not that noticeable, bass doesn't have that rumble but is fine unless you're not a basshead.

RY4S seems like V shaped earbud, it has a good rumble in lows and the higs are also somewhat good without any sibilant, but vocals do lack that thickness, the best thing about these is the imaging, the positioning is really good on these while the soundstage is average. No complains on the build quality, UE wire is nice too.

EB2 is somewhat a mid centric earbud, the soundstage is biggggg, imaging is fine, lows don't rumble like RY4S but feels tight and punchy, mids are present af, vocals sound amazing and highs have a good amount of detail no sibilance whatsoever, build quality is good too, time will tell about the wire.

All the listening was done without any burn in and with stock foams, on Fiio Q1 mark ii.

Nice comparison.

I am quite impressed with the EB2's clarity and the amount of detail that they have. However I do find the upper mids to be a bit sharp sounding at times, the Shostakovich String Quartets are a good test for this, violins can be screechy and unpleasant to my ears, apart from that they are pretty good.

Dec 8, 2018 at 8:26 PM Post #2,503 of 2,999
<Removed because I misread the title of the thread>

Dec 8, 2018 at 8:35 PM Post #2,504 of 2,999
So, from them cheap buds, which is bassiest and airiest of them all?
Stock: Vido with thin foams is pretty airy and good bass response.

Modded: Ry4s with thin foam. Bassier, more airy.

Stock Emx500 is sort of middle of the road, bass is good but not earth shaking. However clarity and treble air is excellent like ry4s but a less dry tonality. Very sweet tone but bright-ish too.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back