Absolute best budget earbuds?
Apr 29, 2017 at 6:07 AM Post #1,036 of 2,999
Hey guys, on Alix there are so many tips and I don't now what to choose. I read your last post and you're talking about Vido and Awei, but they sound great than Qian39, VE+, SHE3800 etc?
I want to buy others... Yes, I think I am affected too from this "earbuds-mania"

Apr 29, 2017 at 7:39 PM Post #1,037 of 2,999
Benjie (w/S5) vs. Vido:

I had heard somewhere that the Vido and Benjie earbuds might share the same build/drivers/sound. So I had to check it out for myself.

After spending a lot of time with both these buds over the last few days, I would say they do not sound the same to me.

The Benjie earbud sounds brighter to my ears and has a touch less sub-bass. The Vido sounds a bit smoother and the bass is a little bigger and controlled. The Benjie seems somewhat sharp in its signature. The Vido has the better mids, IMO and is more musical overall. The Vido is still my budget King.

BTW, the Vido paired with the Benjie S5 DAP is about the best budget setup I have ever heard.

Apr 30, 2017 at 12:07 AM Post #1,038 of 2,999
Benjie (w/S5) vs. Vido:

The Vido is still my budget King.

I know that you have posted this before, but the search function currently seems not to be a function (as far as I can tell anyway).

If you don't mind, where did you purchase your Vido from? Thanks!

Apr 30, 2017 at 12:13 AM Post #1,040 of 2,999
Apr 30, 2017 at 9:32 AM Post #1,041 of 2,999
I have a question to ppl who have Vido with microphone, i mean if you tested mic quality. I searching budget earbugs but i will use mostly for talking sometimes to listen music.

now i test BYZ S600 and mic quality is very poor. I searching earbugs with good quality from mic. someone can recomend me smth??

Apr 30, 2017 at 1:40 PM Post #1,043 of 2,999
My EMX500's (gold wire mx500 shell type buds from easy earphones) are starting to crackle at high volumes now. I haven't every seriously abused them, just listened out of my iphone. Keep a listen out for that issue folks. Too bad cuz I like these earbuds a lot, maybe my most listened to. :frowning2:

May 1, 2017 at 2:38 PM Post #1,045 of 2,999
Several people have ordered directly from Taobao, and now NiceHCK is carrying them on AliExpress, but they aren't called Vido in the NiceHCK store - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...ug-Earbud-Bass-HIFI-Earphone/32806045266.html

Awesome - thanks. Taobao is a nao-gao for me (due to 3rd party shipping fun), so I'm happy they are on aliexpress now. Ordered.

Btw, all of these budget earbuds rock. They sound great, and they satisfy my "must get something new" addiction without breaking the bank :)

May 1, 2017 at 4:55 PM Post #1,046 of 2,999
I have a question for you earbud lovers... (I initially posted on the Earbud Round Up thread, but was told this might be the better place ot get my answers)

I prefer IEMs over earbuds, and haven't had experience with earbuds in more than 15 years. But in the office, when I'm listening to music, I've found that IEMs are too isolating to the point that I can become unaware of my surroundings. So far, this didn't matter much, but I'd still prefer to be able to hear (at least on the edge of my perception) what's going on around me.

Hence, earbuds.

I'm looking for a budget model that'll give me a "nice" sound. I'm not willing to spend much - around $10 (a buck or two give or take), and I know there's plenty of choice on the Chi-fi market. This thread is pretty big, and I couldn't go thoroughly through it all.

I've narrowed my choice to the classic TY HI-Z 32, and FAAEAL 32 ohm. I've also looked at the Edifier H180 or H185, but am leaning toward the former pair. Saw the Vido here, too, for the first time. BloodyPenguin likes them, which is assuring. Which one of these should I get? Or perhaps there's another ("better") model in the same price range?

I'd be listening to internet radio in the office mostly: rock, hard rock, americana, country, heavy metal, prog metal. No electronic music. I'm not really sure as to what sound signature I prefer... I'd say slightly U-shaped, or neutral with a small bump in the low end. Also, I'm not treble sensitive, but wouldn't like something overly bright (for fear of fatigue, I'd be wearing the earbud daily for hours on end).

May 1, 2017 at 5:11 PM Post #1,047 of 2,999
I have tried 32S (the red cable version, not 32?), H180, and H185, here are my impressions:

32S: Very V-shape, treble hurts my ear, mid is nowhere to be found, not sure how similar/different to the regular 32 version?
H180: Bloomy bass that leaks into the mids, not my type...
H185: V-shape, Tight and impactful bass, add a few db on equalizer and it's just right for me.

Additional ones you should consider:
Qian 39: V-shape, very similar to H185 but perhaps less impactful? Extremely comfortable fit.
Monk-Plus: Flat and smooth mid and high, lacking bass though.

Overall I would recommend H185 and Qian39, H185 is slightly less comfortable than Qian39, still better fit than Monk-Plus. Sound wise I think H185 is better.

May 1, 2017 at 5:51 PM Post #1,048 of 2,999
32S: Very V-shape, treble hurts my ear, mid is nowhere to be found, not sure how similar/different to the regular 32 version?

I forgot to mention in my post that I've actually had a listen to the TY HI-Z 32; bought them for my wife, actually, but only listened to them straight-out-of-the-box for a few minutes. Afterwards she took them to work, and I simply forgot about them. And they didn't sound like the 32S you're describing; I liked what I heard then. So I know I'd be happy just to pick up the TY HI-Z, they were sort of #1 on my list from the start.

But before I click the "buy now" on Aliexpress, I thought of asking if there's something else out there in this price range... I'm a bit audio-curious, is all :)

The H185 look pretty good, visually, but I've read their build quality is not that good? And the FAAEAL look more sturdily built than the TY's, at least the cable... would love a sound comparison between the TY and the FAAEAL, if someone has them both.

Thanks for the recommendations, btw!

May 1, 2017 at 6:13 PM Post #1,049 of 2,999
Benjie (w/S5) vs. Vido:

I had heard somewhere that the Vido and Benjie earbuds might share the same build/drivers/sound. So I had to check it out for myself.

After spending a lot of time with both these buds over the last few days, I would say they do not sound the same to me.

The Benjie earbud sounds brighter to my ears and has a touch less sub-bass. The Vido sounds a bit smoother and the bass is a little bigger and controlled. The Benjie seems somewhat sharp in its signature. The Vido has the better mids, IMO and is more musical overall. The Vido is still my budget King.

BTW, the Vido paired with the Benjie S5 DAP is about the best budget setup I have ever heard.

Thanks for your impressions BloodyPenguin, what is the Vido like sizewise? Like the VE Monk? I have both the Monk and the Quian 39 and find the Quian´s adapt much better to my ears due to their size plus I prefer their sound over the Monk, any advice will be most welcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back