Absolute best budget earbuds?
Apr 1, 2017 at 3:53 PM Post #856 of 2,999
I may have to get these just out of interest. I did order them once but they arrived broke, and for the price I was too lazy to even report it! (Off topic, Awei do really decent cheap-ish Bluetooth earphones by the way)

AWEI's is doing some good budget things, my wood IEM's from them are starting to open up, not as good as other brands, but hey, for someone on a budget, why not, right? Always report missing packages to Ali!

Apr 1, 2017 at 4:32 PM Post #858 of 2,999
I am sure you did but could please you drop a link to the Awei Laugh. 

Also for you Canadians that have bought from Penon do you happen to remember how long it took for shipping?

Thanks!

I am ready to write a few things. I recently bought the Monk+ and SHE3800. The 3800 still get used on a daily basis sound good out of anything. My Monk+ sit hooked up to my E09K, high gain low gain it doesn't matter this $10cdn bud just loves power like I haven't seen since my Alphadogs and those are planar. Only wish I had my TY's to compare but they haven't arrived yet. 

Trying buds the most fun I have is swapping foams. I have tried probably every different variation on my buds. For the SHE3800 I have setttled on full foams from philips and donuts from VE.
The monks are still a work in progress, but right now I am using the same setup on the monks. I tried double full but found them a tad to dark and didn't notice an increase in bass. With full and donut on Monk+ the mids can get a tad fatiguing after some time. So the search continues. I was going to order some Heigi but I am nervous about buying anything from Penon till I see my TY's on my doorstep. 

Sorry I haven't written about the sound but I am not that good at describing them and honestly I think everything that has been said in here and the other threads is pretty much on par. Listen to bass based music use the Philips, listen to vocal based music use the Monk+. Though reading through the thread there are so many awesome options to check out. By the way Portishead sounds awesome on the Monk+. 

I really want to snag a pair of Yinman 150 cause I love the look but the price is a bit steep at 40+cdn. My next will probably be Edifiers only cause I can get them from Amazon. Thinking P180 or P185's. Anyone care to talk me out of it?, lol.

Thanks for all your help.

Apr 1, 2017 at 5:21 PM Post #859 of 2,999
  I am sure you did but could please you drop a link to the Awei Laugh. 

Also for you Canadians that have bought from Penon do you happen to remember how long it took for shipping?

The AWEI ES10 I bought have gone up in price to $4.66 US, you may want to find a cheaper store: https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?ltype=wholesale&d=y&origin=y&isViewCP=y&catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20170401132011&SearchText=awei+es10&blanktest=0&tc=af

Penon takes 2 weeks to ship to Canada because they use Hong Kong Post, Singapore Post is also really fast.

Apr 1, 2017 at 5:46 PM Post #860 of 2,999
The AWEI ES10 I bought have gone up in price to $4.66 US, you may want to find a cheaper store: https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?ltype=wholesale&d=y&origin=y&isViewCP=y&catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20170401132011&SearchText=awei+es10&blanktest=0&tc=af

Penon takes 2 weeks to ship to Canada because they use Hong Kong Post, Singapore Post is also really fast.

Thanks so much Laugh. Ok I am going to give it 1 more week then I will take it up with them. My ty are coming registered mail yet I can't track them at all which sucks. I ordered on the 3rd left on the 11th that is all the info I got.

Apr 1, 2017 at 6:37 PM Post #861 of 2,999
Thanks so much Laugh. Ok I am going to give it 1 more week then I will take it up with them. My ty are coming registered mail yet I can't track them at all which sucks. I ordered on the 3rd left on the 11th that is all the info I got.

My Penon orders took  7 and 8 days

Apr 2, 2017 at 10:41 AM Post #866 of 2,999
Apr 2, 2017 at 12:41 PM Post #867 of 2,999
I purchased a pair of Qian 39 after reading you guys and I have to say I´m deeply in love, they fit my ears better than my VE Monk (the Qian are smaller) and dare I say I like the sound more too. Is there anything better out there in the same size factor? Thanks.

Apr 2, 2017 at 1:18 PM Post #868 of 2,999
Not sure if the people here still care, but it seems that the  brands "seahf" "TY-Hiz" "colarad" "HE" are all "made" and "Created" by the same company Shenzhen Aiweike Technology Co.,Ltd. One of their representatives reached out on the facebook group. No definitive answer on wether or not the 150-ohm's (or other equivalent ohm buds across brands) are the same or if not to what degree they differ or how, but this information mixed with reports from others to me seems to indicate they are likely similar at least (of course always open to have my mind changed). FYI, he also posted his email in the group (i wont repost it here without permission).

Apr 2, 2017 at 1:23 PM Post #869 of 2,999
I just ordered a Qian25, Monk+, SeaHF32s, TY HI-Z 32.
I'm wondering how these budget buds will perform against more expensive gears in my inventory, say, AK-JH Michelle or Alessandro MS1i.
Does the earbud form factor allow a more efficient design which make them budget buds sound better than their peers do (headphones, IEMs) at the same/ above price point?

And as my preferred genres are rock, metal, which of these buds will suit my genres the best (I like punching bass, clear and forward mids, but dont give a damn about treble)

PS. I only order ones with low impedance (max 32 ohms) bc I play it straight from iPhone hp jack

Apr 2, 2017 at 7:32 PM Post #870 of 2,999
  I purchased a pair of Qian 39 after reading you guys and I have to say I´m deeply in love, they fit my ears better than my VE Monk (the Qian are smaller) and dare I say I like the sound more too. Is there anything better out there in the same size factor? Thanks.

There are apparently a couple of "standard" earbud shell sizes, and I'm with you - finding that the Qian39 is a comfortable size for my ears.

I've had others on here mention that the Shozy BK is another smaller sized earbud - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Shozy-BK-High-Fidelity-Quality-Audiophile-Earphone-Earbuds/32761532509.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back