Absolute best budget earbuds?
Mar 1, 2017 at 4:25 PM Post #661 of 2,999
Most of the people mentioned that Qian39 is not bass earbuds and Qian25 is better then 39 in terms of Bass ans warm sound.  808+ I don't have but already ordered. Apple Earbud is better than Monk+ in terms of warmness of sound and bass and also in terms of comfort. What is Clieos? Earbud? 

Mar 1, 2017 at 4:26 PM Post #662 of 2,999
  Any budget earbud users using the **** PT15? How do you feel it stacks up against your other budget buds. I think it has a remarkably clear sound and although bass is present, and high quality, it doesn't emphasize that as much as might be desirable however i like them very much.

The PT15 was the first earbud I ordered for myself (I had ordered several others for my Dad), due to them having MMCX connectors (so I could use my balanced cables with them).
I agree that their Bass doesn't have a good deal of impact, but they are clear and detailed throughout the rest of their response range.
They sound good to me, for $15 (without cables), and they can take a fair amount of Bass boost (I use Viper4Android on my rooted DP-X1) if you find their sound too light.

Although, if you don't need the removable cable option, take a look at the $13 Mantis C7 - I've found that it sounds very similar to my $88 VE Asura 2.0 (with a bit of extra warmth on vocals).

Take Care,
David Baldock

Mar 1, 2017 at 4:46 PM Post #663 of 2,999
  Most of the people mentioned that Qian39 is not bass earbuds and Qian25 is better then 39 in terms of Bass ans warm sound.  808+ I don't have but already ordered. Apple Earbud is better than Monk+ in terms of warmness of sound and bass and also in terms of comfort. What is Clieos? Earbud? 

Are you sure? I don't remember many (if any) saying that the Qian 25 is bassier than the 39, certainly that hasn't been my experience.

ClieOS is the creator of this thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/441400/earbuds-round-up

Mar 1, 2017 at 8:04 PM Post #664 of 2,999

you clearly haven't read anything related to those buds, so if people get frustrated with you, as they have on other threads, it is because you have not done any bit of research. Also, the general vibe of your posts is of someone who is just not getting the general vibe of the threads, you are asking this weird and random questions all the time. DO MORE READING. Furthermore, if you think the apple earbud is better than the monk plus i think you will have a difficult time calibrating your tastes with others in the earbud thread since i would bet money NO ONE ELSE shares that  view. Qian39 is more comfortable than the monk, its smaller.

i dare you to show me one place where the Qian25 is warmer and bassier than the Qian39\ I see other threads people have spoken to you already and you don't seem to listen or understand them.

For example:

I am planning to buy Qian39. Let me see if I an order. From Qian39 and SHE3800, which is better in terms of Bass and Warm sound signature?

person responded: As already mentioned, the E808+ has deeper bass than those two.

SO dude get with it!

Mar 1, 2017 at 8:55 PM Post #665 of 2,999
  Any budget earbud users using the **** PT15? How do you feel it stacks up against your other budget buds. I think it has a remarkably clear sound and although bass is present, and high quality, it doesn't emphasize that as much as might be desirable however i like them very much.

I think people's opinions on them are quite mixed because they are very bright sounding.  I listen to mostly classical music and I think the PT15 does well with this genre, good detail and clarity, a friend of mine listens to pop and he thinks they sound too artificial.  Unfortunately, I have not been listening to them for quite a while because I just find that they are too heavy for my right ear (which has always been more sensitive than my left), the fit and comfort is also another issue for some PT15 owners.

Mar 1, 2017 at 11:45 PM Post #666 of 2,999

I think people's opinions on them are quite mixed because they are very bright sounding.  I listen to mostly classical music and I think the PT15 does well with this genre, good detail and clarity, a friend of mine listens to pop and he thinks they sound too artificial.  Unfortunately, I have not been listening to them for quite a while because I just find that they are too heavy for my right ear (which has always been more sensitive than my left), the fit and comfort is also another issue for some PT15 owners.

Yeah, the fit is the most troubling aspect for me. The weight issue for me was relieved when I went to a lighter cable. but the slightly larger and slightly heavier combo did mean they out a bit. I still haven't tried the earhooks with the ****, might be a fun solution.

Mar 2, 2017 at 12:04 AM Post #667 of 2,999
  Yeah, the fit is the most troubling aspect for me. The weight issue for me was relieved when I went to a lighter cable. but the slightly larger and slightly heavier combo did mean they out a bit. I still haven't tried the earhooks with the ****, might be a fun solution.

Except for when I'm doing quick swaps, comparing earbuds, I always wear the cables over-the-ear.

All of the MMCX cables that I use (except one*), have the silicone earhooks installed, since I find that is the most secure and comfortable way of wearing earphones & earbuds.  
(*The one MMCX cable without earhooks, has the hook shaped wire/heatshrink ends, and is thinner than earhooks, so more comfortable when sleeping.)

Mar 2, 2017 at 3:36 AM Post #669 of 2,999
Can anyone share some insight on the TP16 vs Monk Plus?

I gave my Monk+ away and kept my TP16's, Best way to put it... TP16 is clear with good highs extension and bass, quite neutral sounding with Donut foams. I rate it a level higher than the monk+. Monk+ has very dark and bassy sound to it. Didn't excite me one bit so they were given away to random people i met on a plane.

Mar 2, 2017 at 4:33 AM Post #670 of 2,999
Has anyone compared the **** PT15 with the 1More Piston earbud? I find the PT15 pretty great with its natural sound, but there are a few faults... with a great recording though, it's pretty stellar so far.

Mar 2, 2017 at 5:49 AM Post #671 of 2,999

Qian39 best for separation. Rumble meter compared to monk+, +2

She3800 for bass and L sound signature. Rumble meter compared to monk+, +5

E808+ is for solid bass. Rumble. Meter compared to monk+, +3

Ty hi-z 32. Best for binaural. Rumble compared to monk+, +1

Mar 2, 2017 at 8:50 AM Post #672 of 2,999
  you clearly haven't read anything related to those buds, so if people get frustrated with you, as they have on other threads, it is because you have not done any bit of research. Also, the general vibe of your posts is of someone who is just not getting the general vibe of the threads, you are asking this weird and random questions all the time. DO MORE READING. Furthermore, if you think the apple earbud is better than the monk plus i think you will have a difficult time calibrating your tastes with others in the earbud thread since i would bet money NO ONE ELSE shares that  view. Qian39 is more comfortable than the monk, its smaller.

i dare you to show me one place where the Qian25 is warmer and bassier than the Qian39\ I see other threads people have spoken to you already and you don't seem to listen or understand them.

For example:

person responded: As already mentioned, the E808+ has deeper bass than those two.

SO dude get with it!

I guess you need to go through the posts in Earbud forums and you will find that except Vapman, no one has mentioned that Qian39 is more Bassier than Qian25. . I already ordered 3800 and looks like E808 is also good. Not sure where it is available though.

Mar 2, 2017 at 8:52 AM Post #673 of 2,999
Qian39 best for separation. Rumble meter compared to monk+, +2

She3800 for bass and L sound signature. Rumble meter compared to monk+, +5

E808+ is for solid bass. Rumble. Meter compared to monk+, +3

Ty hi-z 32. Best for binaural. Rumble compared to monk+, +1

Thanks. What is L Shaped Sound? I know V shape which is enhanced Bass and U shape which is same level of Bass + Treble. Not sure abt L Shape though. Also, where is E808+ available to buy? What is Rumble and Warmness meter for TY Hi-Z 32s according to you :)

Mar 2, 2017 at 9:07 AM Post #674 of 2,999
  Or may be few more people support him as he has given free expensive earbuds to some members. That's all.

What a stupid thing to say. Do you really think that is what motivates people?

Look, you've been on here for six months now and have made 270 posts. You're not a newbie anymore, don't you think it's time to start giving your feedback instead of asking the same questions over and over again?

Mar 2, 2017 at 9:17 AM Post #675 of 2,999
Tax time and I thought I would take a few bucks and try a few cheaper earbuds ***** and giggles. 

So if I was to pick 3-5 cheaper ones to order what would some suggestions be. 

I have read through the entire thread over the last couple of days and it has sort of all bled together. I think there are a ton of great options but would like to buy some things in the range of my personal house sound.

I am huge fan of the KSC75 and Sony MA900. Those are my two go to headphones.

I am going to order the Phillips off of fastech as soon as I get paid tomorrow but past that I am sort of lost would like to snag a few others.

Also if someone wants to pm me some IEMs that are in that sound range and not to overly expensive I would really appreciate it. Don't want to steer the ship off topic.

Thanks so much for the great reading.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back