Absolute best budget earbuds?
Oct 31, 2017 at 9:56 PM Post #1,877 of 2,999
Oops! I didn't realize until I went back to the forum section this evening that recommendation requests are supposed to go in a different area. If you guys want me to repost over there, I will.

That looks like it should work well, as long as everyone is wearing a belt, to clip it to. [...]
For the Personal Monitoring System - will it be a single console, with multiple headphone amplifier outputs - or will it somehow be distributed so that the individuals can actually control their own mix and level at their location?
If it's going to be "centrally located & controlled", then you might want to see if those belt/body packs are available with a local volume control (attenuator) inside.

I don't know how familiar you are with current pro audio gear, but a while back Aviom introduced a system which distributes up to 16 channels of audio over Ethernet to miniature personal mixers. Other companies have since developed their own versions, Elite Core included, many of them with greater capabilities. But we'll probably use Behringer's P16 system, which is the least expensive I know of. (In days past, Behringer did not have a good reputation, but these days I'm told they've improved greatly.)

You make a good point about needing somewhere to clip the beltpack. I hadn't gotten that far yet.... Interestingly, they do make a version with an attenuator.

@David Mitchell
more neutral, better for ear monitoring, i think..

Thanks! I'll look into them further.

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2017 at 9:42 PM Post #1,880 of 2,999
UTB84BZacYPJXKJkSafS761qUXXao.png
On Aliexpress, search for 'earbud silicone ear hooks'.
Hi friend, I did not find this model. Could you post the link?

Nov 4, 2017 at 3:26 PM Post #1,883 of 2,999
Nov 4, 2017 at 4:24 PM Post #1,884 of 2,999
Do they make earbuds?
Too many people don't make the distinction between IEM and earbud (calling IEM's earbuds *rolls eyes*) thus you get genuinely confused newcomers talking about IEMs.

Google search earbud and you get 100's of IEM related articles :frowning2:

Nov 5, 2017 at 1:26 AM Post #1,885 of 2,999
I like my Panasonic HJE125's (Ergofit). Probably because they are the only earbuds that I have tried that actually fit my ears well. The others that I've tried that are just circular shaped are either too tight or too loose and they don't block outside noise sufficiently. The sound quality is decent compared to other inexpensive in-ear earphones I have tried, with a wide frequency response.

Nov 5, 2017 at 9:58 AM Post #1,886 of 2,999
Last edited:
Nov 5, 2017 at 10:02 AM Post #1,887 of 2,999
I like my Panasonic HJE125's (Ergofit). Probably because they are the only earbuds that I have tried that actually fit my ears well. The others that I've tried that are just circular shaped are either too tight or too loose and they don't block outside noise sufficiently. The sound quality is decent compared to other inexpensive in-ear earphones I have tried, with a wide frequency response.

Great but these aren't earbuds either.

Nov 5, 2017 at 10:03 AM Post #1,888 of 2,999

That panasonic is an IEM (In Ear Monitor) which is the type with the tip that fits inside the ear channel, whereas earbuds, the larger flat vented surface type sit against the ear channel but not in it.

Sound isolation is not a thing for earbuds, they aren't designed to block outside noise. This can be a plus (if you are cycling or need to be perceptive of outside noise) but sometimes it makes it hard to enjoy your music in a loud environment.

I would recommend having both an earbud and IEM for different purposes. Earbuds have the advantage of having a more airy sound and these days have really good sound-performance ratio in the budget range.

What's your sound preference? do you like a balanced sound? bassy sound? or treblely sound?

How about the toneality? Warm and full? neutral and clear? Cool and analytical?

What price are you looking to pay?

Assuming you want recommendations of course :)

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2017 at 10:11 AM Post #1,889 of 2,999
By the way I've tried that panasonic ergofit 125 earbud. Most good budget earbuds(snd even IEMs) will destroy it for SQ.

It was ok but nothing special, if you listened to some of our suggestions for earbud or some suggestions from the iem thread I think you would be blown away :)

Nov 5, 2017 at 12:56 PM Post #1,890 of 2,999
Are there any more comfortable earbuds than Apple EarPods?

I own a few IEMs but I find myself going back to Apple EarPods, especially when outside... To me, they sound pretty good and are comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back