About to take a plunge....Can anyone save me?
Nov 25, 2002 at 6:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Luvya

100+ Head-Fier
Budget is tight, so I think I will go for a wallwart-powered Meta 42. Plus, I have to spend $$ on a decent CD player (ahhh, I've been bashing pretty badly ever since I reveal that SB live! is my source).....so...U guys told me that a Meta 42 would make a big improvement and is well worth the $$. Now, I am about to take a plunge to see what my phone (HD 580) is really capable of....I've never tried any amp before and am counting on ur opinion. If I don't experience the improvement u guys were so talktive about........
WATCH OUT!!!! MY TROUT IS READY!!!!!!!
Any last minute stop or warning before I take the plunge?

Nov 25, 2002 at 6:38 AM Post #2 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by Luvya
Budget is tight, so I think I will go for a wallwart-powered Meta 42. Plus, I have to spend $$ on a decent CD player (ahhh, I've been bashing pretty badly ever since I reveal that SB live! is my source).....so...U guys told me that a Meta 42 would make a big improvement and is well worth the $$. Now, I am about to take a plunge to see what my phone (HD 580) is really capable of....I've never tried any amp before and am counting on ur opinion. If I don't experience the improvement u guys were so talktive about........
WATCH OUT!!!! MY TROUT IS READY!!!!!!!
Any last minute stop or warning before I take the plunge?

Remember that many vendors have a 30 day money back policy.

Nov 25, 2002 at 6:58 AM Post #3 of 8
Yeah? Didn't even know that @_@...
Btw...would u guys recommend a wall-powered or battery-powered one? I don't have a portable CDP..so I was thinking maybe a wall-powered would do just fine..but having portability can't hurt either. And having both would be ideal (Ahh..the cost)
Personally, with portability or not..I want the big case that Tangent made for himself...I just can't justify spending couple hundred dollars on a thing that fits my palm...I know this is stupid..but bigger box looks more expensive...no?

Nov 25, 2002 at 11:36 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by Luvya
Yeah? Didn't even know that @_@...
Btw...would u guys recommend a wall-powered or battery-powered one? I don't have a portable CDP..so I was thinking maybe a wall-powered would do just fine..but having portability can't hurt either. And having both would be ideal (Ahh..the cost)
Personally, with portability or not..I want the big case that Tangent made for himself...I just can't justify spending couple hundred dollars on a thing that fits my palm...I know this is stupid..but bigger box looks more expensive...no?

A nice big 20v - 24v linear regulated wall wart will do fine. You won't want switching power supplies.

You can try using the line-out from a regular PCDP. Beats using the SBLive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back