About to Purchase ATH-AD700
Nov 26, 2008 at 11:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Dr_Vinegar

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, I'm about to buy a set of ATH-AD700's to be used for gaming, music and the occasional movie. I'm getting them for 194.00 AUD. Are they worth getting for that much? Is there anything I should be aware of before I buy these headphones, or is there anything else I can get for that price (or a little less) that's just as good or better?

Thanks in advance

Nov 27, 2008 at 12:42 AM Post #2 of 11
I really can't answer the "worth it" question as I'm from America and am not sure whether or not that is a good deal.

In response to the second half of your post, make sure you're buying them from a place with a liberal return policy. Not because they are bad headphones but because they have a very unique fit. Something you really need to try before you know whether or not they are for you. Other than that, you should be fine. Here, they are the best value you can probably buy in their price range.

Enjoy!

Nov 27, 2008 at 12:45 AM Post #3 of 11
Where do you live? If you live in the US, you can get them here for $100.

Nov 27, 2008 at 1:20 AM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by | Scorpio | /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where do you live? If you live in the US, you can get them here for $100.

If you read his post, he uses AUD which implies he's from Australia.

Nov 27, 2008 at 1:27 AM Post #5 of 11
I got them for $100(US) and they are easily worth that price. I don't know what the conversion rate is but they are really good headphones to use from a soundcard.

The only problem you could run into is the fit (kind of universal audio technica problem). If you have a narrow head they will be loose and you will have to mess with them to tighten the headphones up. I ended up just bending the supports or whatever you call them.

Nov 27, 2008 at 2:23 AM Post #6 of 11
going by google thats about 124 USD, a little over the $100 but not by much. As mentioned make sure wherever you're buying from has a good return policy etc

Nov 27, 2008 at 2:41 AM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you read his post, he uses AUD which implies he's from Australia.

Ah, I didn't notice that, thanks for pointing that out.

Nov 27, 2008 at 3:01 AM Post #8 of 11
The only issue with the AD700 is that they don't have a lot of bass and if you are a basshead you might not like it. Otherwise there's no phone close to its price range that can complete with it. The only ones that comes close is the MS1/SR80 and against those two most people will like the AD700's better comfort and superior soundstage.

Nov 27, 2008 at 5:07 AM Post #9 of 11
Thanks for the replies guys
smily_headphones1.gif
I'll be sure to try them on before I buy them and I'll tell you how it goes.

Nov 27, 2008 at 11:51 AM Post #11 of 11
Well if you are getting them from headphones.com.au, they do have a 20-day trial policy. So if you don't like them, you can return them as long as they are in mint condition.
You can only get store credit though...

I took advantage of the strong currency back in May and got my AD700 for cheap shipped from Japan.
They are certainly very good cans for the money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back