About to change my entire gear, need some help with putting it all together
May 18, 2015 at 2:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

rogerthatmand

Head-Fier
Hey there,
Not a long time ago, I made a poor purchasing decision, and went with the Sennheiser HD700 and O2+ODAC.
Both are great, but for someone who like it more warm and laid-back kinda sound, I just can't listen to music with it anymore. The treble really hurts.

Now I'm about to change my gear. I'm thinking about the Sennheiser HD650 + Bottlehead Crack w/ Speedball.
One thing that I do miss here is a DAC. And since I'm still not a pro, I need help with putting it all together.

I was thinking about getting the Schiit Modi 2 Uber DAC for my PC, along with the Bottlehead Crack and my PC speakers. The thing is I don't get it is how am I gonna connect both my Bottlehead Crack AND the PC speakers to the DAC if it has only one RCA input?
Until now, with my O2+ODAC, I just plug it with USB directly to my PC, and connect my PC speakers to it with RCA cables, but with my new upcoming gear, I won't have amp combined with DAC, so how can I connect both the PC speakers and the Bottlehead Crack to the Schiit Modi 2 Uber?
I guess it's a silly question, but I am really not an expert enough.

Thanks for anyone who's helping!

May 18, 2015 at 1:23 PM Post #2 of 2
The HD700 treble makes them a somewhat polarizing headphone.

I would suggest getting your HD650s first, then decide on what you need next. Maybe you might want to keep the ODAC and get a Magni 2 Uber since it has pre-outs for plugging in your speakers. But you should really wait and hear your HD650s to decide what direction you want to go next for an amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back