About to buy first pair of IEMs - RHA MA750s
Sep 18, 2014 at 4:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 75

MAGICAL ESKIMO

Head-Fier
Hey guys,

I'm about to buy my first pair of IEMs and I just want to make sure I'm making the right choice.
I've had a pair of DT990s with modi/magni and an E07K for a while so I'm used to a bassy sound signature, obviously the sound is going to be different but that's the only comparison I have unfortunately.

So I've been reading reviews of the Shure SE215s and the RHA MA750s for a while and despite the Shures having a bassier sound signature I'm still more drawn to the RHAs for a flatter frequency response and seemingly impeccable build quality.

Am I making the right choice here going for the MA750s?

Thanks in advance :)

Sep 18, 2014 at 4:58 PM Post #2 of 75
RHA, the producer of MA750, will launch new earphones, T10i. I would recommend you to search and read about it. I was about to buy MA750 as well, but I came to know there will be another product, so I decided to wait.

Sep 18, 2014 at 5:03 PM Post #3 of 75
RHA, the producer of MA750, will launch new earphones, T10i. I would recommend you to search and read about it. I was about to buy MA750 as well, but I came to know there will be another product, so I decided to wait.

They look good but £150 is almost double my budget, MA750s are £79 on Amazon

Sep 19, 2014 at 3:22 AM Post #5 of 75
I have RHA MA750 and SE215.......but finnally I use TDK BA200..)

For me sound of TDK BA200 is combination of MA750 and SE215
Smooth as MA750 on top without loosing low/bass.

~ron~

Sep 19, 2014 at 3:29 AM Post #6 of 75
I think I'll get the MA750s then, those TDKs look good but again over my budget, I think for £79 the MA750s are gonna give me the best for my money :)

Sep 22, 2014 at 5:09 AM Post #12 of 75
We totally missed this over the weekend, but glad you've decided to go for the MA750! If you get the chance to share your impressions, we'd love to hear them.

Enjoy!

Thanks for your reply!

I should be receiving them today so will start giving them a wee burn in soon as I can.

Also, OT, glad you Scots are staying :wink:

Sep 22, 2014 at 10:21 AM Post #13 of 75
The earphones arrived at lunch time today :) gave most of the tips a go quickly and ended up with the smaller foam tips.

So far I've only had them plugged in to my Nexus 5, they sound pretty good, but I think my E07K will do them better justice.
I think the highs are a little harsh at higher volumes, I've heard this will improve over burn in time though.
Impressed so far :)

Sep 23, 2014 at 6:48 AM Post #14 of 75
The earphones arrived at lunch time today
smily_headphones1.gif
gave most of the tips a go quickly and ended up with the smaller foam tips.

So far I've only had them plugged in to my Nexus 5, they sound pretty good, but I think my E07K will do them better justice.
I think the highs are a little harsh at higher volumes, I've heard this will improve over burn in time though.
Impressed so far
smily_headphones1.gif

give them some time to burn in,  the highs stay quite abundant but do refine somewhat.  also remember to feed them good bit rate tracks.  feed them low rate, brittle hard highs the 750 wont to be terribly forgiving about it.

Sep 25, 2014 at 8:30 AM Post #15 of 75

give them some time to burn in,  the highs stay quite abundant but do refine somewhat.  also remember to feed them good bit rate tracks.  feed them low rate, brittle hard highs the 750 wont to be terribly forgiving about it.

They're really starting to smooth out now, I've hardly stopped playing music through them since I got them out the box.

My Nexus 5 doesn't have the greatest DAC/amp built in which is a shame, just gotta wait for Android L to come out so I can use my E07K as the DAC/amp because they sound great on the E07K.

I also plugged them in to my modi/magni stack the other night and they sounded terrific, I've got the Eagle's live performance of Hell Freezes Over in FLAC in my library and the detail of the guitar arrangements sounded fantastic, an over all very balanced sound signature, the bass is very accurate too, just the right amount of sub bass and tight mid bass that doesn't enter in to the mids.

I'll try keep the thread updated after they burn in some more and I'll try answer questions if anyone has any :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back