About to buy an ATH M50 LE for ebay. Worried about fakes.
Jan 18, 2013 at 7:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Ferr

Head-Fier
Hi Guys.

Im about to buy a pair of ATH M50 Limited Edition from a spanish store in Ebay.

My worries is if theres knowledge of fake m50 LE around. Im asking this cause I though those were discontinued. Im also not used to buy things in ebay so I dont know how secure is.

Would love if someone knows something about posible fakes version of the LE.

Thanks!

Jan 18, 2013 at 7:46 AM Post #2 of 4
not familar with ebay? mkay.
you're going to pay with paypal.
just ask seller about headphones. they should communicate with buyers to provide all information they need about items they sell. paypal protect you from many incidents. you can return your money in 7 - 44(45) days after winning auction/commiting to buy if product "fake"/you haven't liked it/etc.

Jan 18, 2013 at 7:59 AM Post #3 of 4
Thanks for your help!

I sent an email to the store, cause theres no phone number. I know Paypal is reliable, Im just worried about being LE or not (not that I care about the edition intself, but I wouldnt want a fake LE, as I said I tough those were discontinued a year ago.)

Jan 23, 2013 at 3:34 PM Post #4 of 4
Well. I finally got them.

Gotta say, comparing 5 hours burn in from COPs to M50, I prefer the sound of M50 (I had to return the CoPs because a problem with the headband, and they didnt have any more COP, so they refunded my money). Bass isnt as good but for me it feels more than good enough (even for trance, guess imnot a basshead). Mids feels really better. Obviously this is with both at 5 hour burn in only, so maybe the COPs would vastly got better with more use.

I have read those clamped a lot but they dont for me, at all. My only problem comfort wise is the headband, it touches the top of my head. It doesnt hurt but it gets a little annoying. It feels like the shape of the headband doesnt match my head. I hope this gets better with time because I really want to keep them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back