About the Ipod Mini - I would like to hear your testimonies
post-745902
Post #1 of 7

CamelBackCinema

500+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
For some reason, I really want this now rather than an iHP-120 I was comtemplating to get.

I really don't mind the small amount of GBs, but I really want the ability to be super portable.

I was wondering, if there was anything that the Ipod Mini offers other than size.

Convince me to get this item

I would like to hear your stories!

How good is it on the run?

post-746376
Post #2 of 7

4P4me

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
Over a regular Ipod? No, the only advantage is the size (and different colors if that's your thing.)

Actually, the wheel I do find to be superior than the touch tone buttons. You don't necessarily need to use the hold button as much with the mini.

It may be better for running due to the CF drive I believe it uses, but it really depends on what you'll be using it for.

Best thing to do if you can is to go listen to one to see if the sound suits you or not.

post-747346
Post #3 of 7

Dylan

Head-Fier
Reaction score
The mini is beautifully engineered and finished. I appreciate good design and it adds to my enjoyment that the mini is so well built.

If that's what floats your boat then I think you'll appreciate it. If not, then get a Karma or something that gives more functional value for the price.

post-748237
Post #4 of 7

slunk007

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Quote:

Originally posted by 4P4me
It may be better for running due to the CF drive I believe it uses, but it really depends on what you'll be using it for.

Does CF in this case stand for Compact Flash? If so, I don't think so. It uses a microdrive, which is still a hard drive, and still has moving parts. The smaller the drive, the less prone it is to being damaged by jogging or whatnot, BUT it still has moving parts and you can still *possibly* kill the hard drive by using it for sports/exercise.

post-748257
Post #5 of 7

Dylan

Head-Fier
Reaction score
You are right it's not Compact Flash in the sense of being "flash" memory. But it is CF in it's form factor and interface - like a CF wifi or bluetooth card.

post-748356
Post #6 of 7

slunk007

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
I learn something new everyday.

Thanks!

post-748447
Post #7 of 7

Mr.Sneis

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
Ipod Mini's are schweet: They are also more rugged than iPods, if you're a perfectionist and hate scratches/scuffs your much better off with the mini because of it's aluminum rather than acrylic finish. The clip it comes with is also very useful and saves you the hassle of buying a case that usually makes the iPod a little bigger. When you think about the smaller size, it's not too much of a tradeoff considering how EASY it is to get rid of old music and replace it with the new stuff you want to hear. Howver, if you need to get large amounts of info from work to home or wherever the iPod's larger capacity really helps out. I currently own an iPod, had it since January, if I were to buy an mp3 player now I would definately get myself a blue mini.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)